cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit card

tag
Monkeylover01

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Anyone with an account can refer you. They dont necessarly have to be in the navy, army etc. So for example, if you have a friend who was referred by their army dad, that friend can then refer you because they are a member 

Message 31 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

So if I can get my mom to open an acct she can refer me? Thanks for the tip.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 32 of 44
samm90
New Contributor

My roommate won't sponsor me. I'm pissed
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 33 of 44
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Please be careful if you are thinking of joining NFCU, they may not be as strict as say USAA, but they do have certain requirements that you must meet. If you try and skirt those requirements and down the road you can't prove proper eligibility,  they will close your accounts as stated earlier in this thread. Monkeylover01 is incorrect,  not anyone with an account can refer you. If they are only friends,  you must also be living in the same household. And personally I would rather be one of the relations listed on the website to be safe. I am a member through my DW who's father is retired Army. If you really want to be sure of eligibility,  NFCUs website has an excellent eligibility wizard to check out. But NFCU is truly a great CU if you can get in.

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 34 of 44
Monkeylover01

I did, in fact, get my information from the source. I spoke to a represenative and she said once youre a member you can refer your family members. Im sure it would never get to the point where they woukd ask for a blood test.
Message 35 of 44
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Monkeylover01 wrote:

Anyone with an account can refer you. They dont necessarly have to be in the navy, army etc. So for example, if you have a friend who was referred by their army dad, that friend can then refer you because they are a member 

this is so not true.  The only way a friend can sponser you if if you are living on the same household residence

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 36 of 44
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

I guess family can refer family without being in the same household. Whereas referring friends require same residence. I have not contacted the CU to confirm. Probably should before I ask my mother to open an account.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 37 of 44
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Smiley Mad

There is one downside for all their CC's: you cannot set up an autopay with an external checking account. 

Message 38 of 44
baller4life
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Smiley Mad

There is one downside for all their CC's: you cannot set up an autopay with an external checking account. 

But you can make one time payments with external accounts right?

Message 39 of 44
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@baller4life

Yes, you can. But it is too much work. You can set up autopay with NFCU checking though.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.