cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit card

Moderator Emerita

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Message 21 of 44
New Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Congratulations......just make sure to use it wisely and it can only get better.  I am absolutely amazed at this Credit Union.

As I stated in my last post, I was approved for a 10K GoRewards Visa yesterday and today I went in to talk to a rep.

I am probably going to switcch over my direct deposit as well as a car loan and line of credit.  Funny how a simple thing

like granting me this credit card (trust) will come back to them many times over......They have my  business.

 

NFCU VISA ($25000) / NFCU LOC ($15000) / B of A Platinum ($6500)
B of A Cash Rewards ($2000) / Chase CSP ($7500) / Chase Slate ($3200)
Barclays Rewards ($1750) / AMEX BCP ($1000) / Macy's ($1000)
Chase SW Rapid Rewards ($4500) / Total Rewards Visa ($3300)
Kays ($3000) / Lowes ($17000) / Chevron / Texaco ($4000)
Belk ($4000) / Sams Club Mastercard ($7000) / Walmart ($5000)


Message 22 of 44
New Visitor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Hey guys, I am a member of NFCU for about 3 years now.  Just applied for a cash rewards credit card.  Filed bankruptcy last year in October and have been building credit for roughly 5 months.  All payments on time as of recent and a Fico of 616.  Not holding my breath yet but hoping for the best.  They are a fantastic bank and I have had them all! Best by a very long shot!!!

Message 23 of 44
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card


Lonewolfk9 wrote:

Hey guys, I am a member of NFCU for about 3 years now.  Just applied for a cash rewards credit card.  Filed bankruptcy last year in October and have been building credit for roughly 5 months.  All payments on time as of recent and a Fico of 616.  Not holding my breath yet but hoping for the best.  They are a fantastic bank and I have had them all! Best by a very long shot!!!


Definitely keep up posted!  I snuck out of the garden after only being in it for a couple weeks to join them, I'm almost positive it was a HP just to join them so I went all out and tried for a CC and Navcheck, both declined, but I figured so I have a bunch of new accounts and new inquires, plus my util is horrible right now cause of wedding expenses.  I did sign up for a secured card that will hopefully graduate in a year to unsecured Smiley Happy  Back into the garden...

 

Oz

AU:
Current FICOs [03/08/2017]: EQ 708 | TU 738 | EXP 718 | Past FICOs: [06/2013]: EQ 573 | TU 585 | EXP 541 |
Message 24 of 44
New Visitor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Got an email from them with an approval! $3500 limit which is way more then I want/need but its a step in the right direction.  I had to file for bankruptcy (cleared in 10/12) so to get a credit card after that with such a high limit is outstanding.  Navy fed is the best bank I have ever dealt with I can't praise them enough.... for anyone else interested the way I built my credit back is simple.  We cleared bankruptcy in 10/12 and my credit score was a 480.  It immediately jumped up to a 565 once it cleared and then I applied for a Fingerhut credit card... sounds stupid but I got approved.  I pay it on time every month and now I just applied for the NFCU CC and got approved.  To anyone thinking about bankruptcy... It won't kill you like you think.  My wife just purchased a 2013 hyundai sonata at 3.9% apr and also has a CC through creditone bank with a $500 limit.  After bankruptcy you just have to pay everything on time and you will be just fine.  Once our credit is around a 700 we will start looking at houses so hopefully within a years time!  if anyone needs help or advice with bankruptcy please feel free to ask!

Message 25 of 44
New Member

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

I applied onlint and got an instant approval of 10K. I was blown away as well! Thing is I a have a few stubborn baddies that havent fallen off yet. ( 2 Charge-offs)  I'm really glad they gave me a chance. Im tired of the 100-300 Limit on Store cards. My husband applied and got 6k. Still more than we expected. I think everyone should give it a shot. If you can get an account with them of course. 

Message 26 of 44
Epic Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card


Lonewolfk9 wrote:

Got an email from them with an approval! $3500 limit which is way more then I want/need but its a step in the right direction.  I had to file for bankruptcy (cleared in 10/12) so to get a credit card after that with such a high limit is outstanding.  Navy fed is the best bank I have ever dealt with I can't praise them enough.... for anyone else interested the way I built my credit back is simple.  We cleared bankruptcy in 10/12 and my credit score was a 480.  It immediately jumped up to a 565 once it cleared and then I applied for a Fingerhut credit card... sounds stupid but I got approved.  I pay it on time every month and now I just applied for the NFCU CC and got approved.  To anyone thinking about bankruptcy... It won't kill you like you think.  My wife just purchased a 2013 hyundai sonata at 3.9% apr and also has a CC through creditone bank with a $500 limit.  After bankruptcy you just have to pay everything on time and you will be just fine.  Once our credit is around a 700 we will start looking at houses so hopefully within a years time!  if anyone needs help or advice with bankruptcy please feel free to ask!


What was wifes score to get 3.9 at Hyundai?

Message 27 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

My father served 20 years in the military and has since passed away. My mother is still a recipient of his benefits. Are either of us eligible? I tried the wizard on the website but most of the questions seemed to be for active duty.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | WalMart MC | Target Red Visa | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 28 of 44
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card


JediNeo wrote:
My father served 20 years in the military and has since passed away. My mother is still a recipient of his benefits. Are either of us eligible? I tried the wizard on the website but most of the questions seemed to be for active duty.

I believe she would still be eligible, but if you're not a dependent or reside in the same household, you may not be eligible; but I could be wrong.  However, if you're not too sure about the questions on their website, feel free to call them; they're extremely helpful...I've been a member since my daughter went into the military in 2001, and I've never had a problem with them! 
Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego
Message 29 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit card

Thanks digitaldiva, no longer a dependent. Oh well.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | WalMart MC | Target Red Visa | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 30 of 44