New Contributor
GatorGuy

Navy Federal Flagship Decision

How long did it take for you to get your decision? It told me 3 to 5 business days.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Regular Contributor
scarzy

Re: Navy Federal Flagship Decision

[ Edited ]

It's the norm. It doesn't mean you're denied. It took a day or so for an approval for me with the cashrewards.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Established Contributor
searchingfor67

That's normal ops...
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
New Contributor
GatorGuy

Thanks. Its my first non instant approval so I was just curious. This is my first card through a credit union though.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Established Contributor
Pilotdude

It took me a few more days than the 3-5 they said but thats due to my being a brand spankin new member of the credit union at the same time.  I had to send in some documentation. (income stuff)

Once they had that though, it was pretty fast.  Under one day.

NFCU is a great CU.  However, know that anytime you even think about an app or a CLI, its going to be a HP NO MATTER WHAT THE REP TELLS YOU. lol

Its worth it though. :smileyhappy:

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
New Contributor
GatorGuy

Pilotdude wrote:

It took me a few more days than the 3-5 they said but thats due to my being a brand spankin new member of the credit union at the same time.  I had to send in some documentation. (income stuff)

NFCU is a great CU.  However, know that anytime you even think about an app or a CLI, its going to be a HP NO MATTER WHAT THE REP TELLS YOU. lol

Thanks for the info. I figured on the HP. I am a brand new member so I figure they will be asking me for more info as well.

Valued Member
DaveinSC

A NFCU customer rep PC'd me from a (NFCU) Platinum card to the (NFCU) Signature Flagship card while I waited at her desk. Came with an interest rate hike from 7.99 to 9.99 APR, and that pesky $49.00 annual fee (1/10 of AMEX Platinum's fee), but it did come with a CLI of 10K.  We'll see what the bennies are like.

EQ: 800 (09/2014)
TU: 778 (06/2014)
EXP: 816 (04/2014)
USAA World MC - USAA AMEX - AMEX Zync - AMEX Everyday - Ameriprise Gold MC - Iberiabank Classic VISA - NFCU VISA Signature
Established Contributor
Pilotdude

Another upside is that once you have the docs submitted and have obtained an approval, its much easier in the future. 

In a few more months I am going to hit them for a CLI on my Flag and probably a Navcheck account just for giggles. :smileyhappy:

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Contributor
kilj0y

Pilotdude wrote:

Pilotdude wrote:

Note that only the first CLI requested usually results in a HP, then they basically tell the computer system that they will approve you up to a certain limit and if you ask for another CLI under or equal to that limit it will be an instant CLI with a SP. But if you request an amount over that limit it will counter with what their computer limit says or they will ask if you want your requested limit for a further review which will turn into a HP unless you accept the counter offer which will be a SP. 

Check out the master NFCU CLI thread.

Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 701EQ MyFico 725TU(NFCU pulled)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Joined the Garden Club 6/1/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}