Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal New Member Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal New Member Questions

I am sure that these questions have already been asked, but I was unable to find them.  My wife just joined last week through my member access number, and was hoping to apply for one of those 0% balance transfer credit cards.  Do they currently offer one, and also how soon after opening the account should she apply?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal New Member Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure that these questions have already been asked, but I was unable to find them.  My wife just joined last week through my member access number, and was hoping to apply for one of those 0% balance transfer credit cards.  Do they currently offer one, and also how soon after opening the account should she apply?

she should apply for 1 credit card and checking line of credit (navcheck) as soon as membership is approved.

the 0% is not currently out unless offered exclusively to you BUT if navy sticks to how they have done the last 2+ years we have one coming up in the next couple months... always before christmas.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another question... I personally applied for a CLI after having a card for a few weeks, 5k to 10k.  They called and wanted tax returns, but I was unable to produce them in the two week window, due to my Corp extension.  So I guess that they will decline me.  However, will this have repercussions in the future? I have been banking with them for 18 years and this was the first time that the requested income docs.

Message 3 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

What the??? Tax returns from $5k to $10k???? Smiley Frustrated
Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another question... I personally applied for a CLI after having a card for a few weeks, 5k to 10k.  They called and wanted tax returns, but I was unable to produce them in the two week window, due to my Corp extension.  So I guess that they will decline me.  However, will this have repercussions in the future? I have been banking with them for 18 years and this was the first time that the requested income docs.

I'm unsure about that... im kind of shocked for just $5-$10k that they would ask for taxes!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I got my first loan from them at 18, three car loans and a boat loan since.  All paid off except my current loan  Never have they asked for income docs.  Typically I would not have a problem producing them, as my gross is 100K+, and my wife makes about 40k (part time teacher).  So I got mad, and applied for BOA $11,000 instant, Chase $7,000 instant, and AMEX $10,000 instant. Not sure the deal, maybe I should have waited a few months. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsure... I can upload the message. 

Message 7 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well congrats on your new cards!! I am certainly perplexed at Navy asking for tax docs for $10k. I understand them asking for anything above $25k. But $10k??? That's just ludicrous!
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree... But, are they like AMEX?  Will they wait to recieve them before any future CLI or loans?  The reason I love banking with them is that I can call them on them on the phone, and pick up a check the next morning. 

Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree... But, are they like AMEX?  Will they wait to recieve them before any future CLI or loans?  The reason I love banking with them is that I can call them on them on the phone, and pick up a check the next morning. 

well you said you don't have a problem providing in near future, so do it and then be fine... but no I don't think so... eventually you will be avaiable for sp cli i bet.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.