Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Pulls

I got the 24 hour review message.  My TU is 673, ~22% utilization, BK is 28 months post discharge with no other negatives.  I'm hoping for the best, but we shall see.  Based on my research of others I should be OK.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their best products IMO are the no PMI mortgages...

That is why I am joining them.

Also the no DP mortgages.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

jawshoeuh, did you ever apply for a Navy Federal credit card? If so, which one, and how much did they approve you for? How much did you request? I'm curious because my score is similar to yours and my bankruptcy is also two years old. Chapter 7 to be exact. Please let me know
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They wouldn't give me a card.  They cited as the primary reason too many credit obligations and some secondary items were lack of a mortgage loan on my report.  I believe my score on their internal system was high 300's out of 450.  I attempted to recon but they wouldn't budge.  The wife and I got  a card with our local CU prior to my joining the garden so I've decided to pass on any further sailings on the NFCU ship.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They wouldn't give me a card.  They cited as the primary reason too many credit obligations and some secondary items were lack of a mortgage loan on my report.  I believe my score on their internal system was high 300's out of 450.  I attempted to recon but they wouldn't budge.  The wife and I got  a card with our local CU prior to my joining the garden so I've decided to pass on any further sailings on the NFCU ship.

How many credit cards / credit obligations do you have? Not having a mortgage loan sounds like a bogus reason. Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since my BK I believe my TU has 22 new accounts since discharge.  That includes 5 accounts that I'm an AU, a car loan, and the rest are various CC's.  The day they pulled my reports, my utilization on my reports was 16%.  The funny thing about the mortgage is my house closed in late September, but it isn't reporting yet.  I'm not too worried about it.  It sounds as though I may be the outlier in terms of being turned down based upon the other posts I've read.  Best of luck to you.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before they notify you of the decision on CC app?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.