cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Uses Own Internal Score To Approve Credit?????

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Uses Own Internal Score To Approve Credit?????

When I was approved it was like 667/848??? I forgot but I got a 13.3k Flaship at 15.24% I think
Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7@

Wait your score was higher and you got less?

NFCU why do you confuse me soo!!!😵
Message 22 of 47
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if I could have another card with them! I have two cash rewards already, one was a flagship that I converted over to cash rewards.
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 23 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:
I wonder if I could have another card with them! I have two cash rewards already, one was a flagship that I converted over to cash rewards.

Why do you have 2 cashRewards? I have seen very few people with 3 cards from Navy. If you try, please let us know the outcome.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Why do you have 2 cashRewards? I have seen very few people with 3 cards from Navy. If you try, please let us know the outcome.

+1

Message 25 of 47
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

@MILOfico. Thank you very much for all your help! I am male. Don't know if you are male or female but anyway I truly appreciate all of your help and input. Yea I will probably send them a message after 15 months if nothing happens and they do not automatically unsecure my card. I did add another $500 the month after I got my secured card so that might of throw it off by a month or two! Just gone patiently wait and see by 15 or 16 months what happens! I did send them a message last night about my small starting limit on my Cash Rewards card and they did increase it by a $1000. But I still think that's a low starting limit with a 652 TU. And a 303 internal score with them. I did apply and get approved for 3 Synchrony cards about a week before I applied so I don't know if that spooked them. And I have like 18 inquiries on my TU. 6 were from Navy Federal and 5 from an auto loan I got in January.

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wantmoremoney@

No problem bro😃!!!
Message 27 of 47
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Any ides on what this intenal scoring model is, or similar to. The score range is weird.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 28 of 47
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

I do not have any idea what the scoring model is! It's some kind of internal scoring. They might have just started their own internal credit score model since we MYFICO family members are always trying to figure what scores they use out to get approvals! I must admit it is a weird scoring number system! That's why i asked because I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who noticed this change!

Message 29 of 47
Scupra
Super Contributor

They used to use FICO 04, I think they are trying to keep us on our toes Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.