Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal: WOW, WOW AND WOW!

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Navy Federal: WOW, WOW AND WOW!

Hi Guys,

I'm VERY impressed with NFCU. I deal with many banks and other credit unions but I must say Navy has topped them all, both in CL generosity and stellar customer service.

I apped for a line of credit and their platinum credit card.

I was approved for a $15,000 line of credit in addition to a credit card with a $25,000 credit line! Talk about generous!! $40,000 in credit and I don't even have a relationship with them yet. However, my reports are in pristine condition these days and I have virtually ZERO credit card debt along with a high income so I know those factors weighed in.

If you can get into NFCU, do it. You won't be disappointed with them. Highly recommended.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal: WOW, WOW AND WOW!

Congrats! NFCU is indeed awesome.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm VERY impressed with NFCU. I deal with many banks and other credit unions but I must say Navy has topped them all, both in CL generosity and stellar customer service.

I apped for a line of credit and their platinum credit card.

I was approved for a $15,000 line of credit in addition to a credit card with a $25,000 credit line! Talk about generous!! $40,000 in credit and I don't even have a relationship with them yet. However, my reports are in pristine condition these days and I have virtually ZERO credit card debt along with a high income so I know those factors weighed in.

If you can get into NFCU, do it. You won't be disappointed with them. Highly recommended.

UM

You are definitely right, UM.

I just applied for their platinum Visa and when I didn't get an instant approval (I HATE non-instant approvals!), I was starting to regret the waste of an INQ.  An hour after I applied I checked EQ and no INQ so I was wondering what was going on.

@Anonymous hours after applying I got an e-mail that a decision had been reached and went online to see it was approved.  I called in for the APR and CL:  $25k @ 8.8%.

The CSR suggested I apply for NavCheck, but I do not really need a 15% LOC.

I have one more INQ on EQ to burn and one on TU.  Time to look at the shopping list! 

Message 3 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats UM. That is very good limits. I have received $42K total in Credit Line and Credit Cards. I hope one of these days NFCU showers its Grace on CreditAddict. I feel so much for him and hopefully NFCU comes through for him soon.

Message 4 of 19
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Yep-Navy Federal  showered me with 35K in total CL' s-you can't beat em,they're the best!

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats UM. That is very good limits. I have received $42K total in Credit Line and Credit Cards. I hope one of these days NFCU showers its Grace on CreditAddict. I feel so much for him and hopefully NFCU comes through for him soon.

All in all, they have been very good to me... I have really only been flat out denied for one thing, my other 2 applications were "Conditionally approved" and when I couldn't meet the conditions it was declined, so more my fault.  So I'm just working my secured card right now and I think when I get my 2 cards with balances down more, they will be a little easier on me, the debt is really the #1 issue.

Thanks concorduser Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
Navydude
New Visitor

I got approved for 25K and I only make 35k a year..I hope this Bank knows what it's doing.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told my husband today that we need to join NFCU, I just dont like change that much. Do you have to have a direct deposit?

we are eligible to join them.

congrats on your limits!

Message 8 of 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I told my husband today that we need to join NFCU, I just dont like change that much. Do you have to have a direct deposit?

we are eligible to join them.

congrats on your limits!

If you have kids, do them a favor, and join!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 19
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Great limits!!! Congratulations!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.