cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal... You ROCK!

tag
akilahmj

Re: Navy Federal... You ROCK!

Yess!! Just got approved for $6,0000.00 cash rewards card! I'm excited because I need it to help me rebuild credit. Thanks for this post, it inspired me to apply!

Message 11 of 27
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Get the Visa Signature card, check out the benefits page for it; the AF is easily paid within a few months of having the card.  I just got mine, will be using some perks soon!

Message 12 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Nice CL!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 27
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

I agree! I just got approved today for NFCU. Now, just have to figure out which card we should apply for nReward? goRewards? try for Flagship? Thoughts?

Message 14 of 27
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

dagga 685 eq fico, 48k income got me a flagship Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 27
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

Done and done! LOL. I haven't actually applied yet, but I know with Flagship you can get a joint card (not just AU). That would easily put us in the $80k arena and Fico scores in 720's. Thanks for the tip! Think we'll apply jointly for that, and maybe another rewards card each....we'll ; )

@skyisthelimit wrote:

dagga 685 eq fico, 48k income got me a flagship Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new nfcu cards you guys! Nfcu is awesome!
FICO 9:

Message 17 of 27
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

What were you guys' EQ FICOs at time of approval for your NFCU cc's?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty sure all of the NFCU allow for joint accounts. My favorite NFCU cards are cash rewards, flagship, and platinum.
FICO 9:

Message 19 of 27
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

My EQ was 655. My wife is joining too, but haven't added her on yet. I'd say as long as your scores are in the lower-mid 600's and up, you're probably fine. Likely 600-610 and up..assuming no serious, serious credit issues. But, this is just a guess. I also had no baddies, a higher util, and about 4 inq prior to applying. If you are eligible, I think it's worth a shot for sure; if nothing else for the credit cards and just open up the savings plan (minimum requirement to be a member).

@jordanmedical wrote:

What were you guys' EQ FICOs at time of approval for your NFCU cc's?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.