Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal and ATM's

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Federal and ATM's

Navy Federal Charges $1 for an ATM Fee if you enter wrong PIN??!!

I have never seen such a thing!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Federal and ATM's

Seriously ??   Even if you don't complete a transaction ?   That is bizarre ~ never heard of that.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Link to this policy on their site?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Seriously ??   Even if you don't complete a transaction ?   That is bizarre ~ never heard of that.....

Talking to them now and apparently Navy charges the $1 as soon as your Card goes into the machine!

I mean it's only a $1 but still... I'm like it doesn not cost you money if I enter my pin wrong!

He ACTUALLY had to put me on hold to ask Supervisor for a One-Time Refund of the $1!!!  I didn't actually ask but then I was jaw drop that he could not approve a $1 refund on his own!!

Further more I am "AU" on Navy Card but they can not list it in my "accounts listing" because the system would not know I was not allowed to make account changes, so I either have to call in and tell them to transfer from my checking to the credit card or I have to set it up in Bill Pay which Navy doesn't actually own, so it is not instant like normal transfer done Navy to Navy on different accounts.

Message 4 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

I never had a charge using ATMs with my NFCU cards. I think its because I use the free ones listed on their website. But if you do use a non-network one, then it looks like they do charge you for an invalid PIN attempt. Here is the fees for ATMs on NFCU's website.

ATM Fees

Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Wow, how weird!  Good thing I don't really use them for my banking.  I use Chase, which is perfect, since there is now a great new one just down the street.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.