Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal - cumbersome website?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Navy Federal - cumbersome website?

So I just started using the Navy Federal Credit Union website today to try to manage my credit card and see if I wanted to look at / open any other NFCU accounts.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the NFCU website is awful?  Maybe I need to give it some time to get used to, but the USAA webpage is clearly leaps and bounds ahead in terms of accessibilty and ease-of-use.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal - cumbersome website?

@DaveSignal wrote:

So I just started using the Navy Federal Credit Union website today to try to manage my credit card and see if I wanted to look at / open any other NFCU accounts.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the NFCU website is awful?  Maybe I need to give it some time to get used to, but the USAA webpage is clearly leaps and bounds ahead in terms of accessibilty and ease-of-use.

I think it is VERY easy to navigate/use. User-friendly. Nothing complicated. Give it sometime. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 2 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

I think it is VERY easy to navigate/use. User-friendly. Nothing complicated. Give it sometime. 

+1

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

I don't think it's hard to use, but I don't particularly care for it, either.

Message 4 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

Most CU's tend to be like this in comparison to the national bank websites vis a vis BOFA, USAA, Amex, etc ad naseum.

NFCU is probably the largest CU by assets though, I would've hoped theirs would've been close if not on par, but I'm not surprised to hear that it's not.  I think a lot is simply what you're used to, and FWIW I'm pleased by the USAA interface as well even as a long-time BOFA online banking customer whose website is legitimately excellent compared to virtually everyone else's.

        
Message 5 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

have USAA and boa and prefer USAA between the two, boa is good but I don't get all excited over it.

I know a lot of folks love boa...it sorta boils down to personal preference and what you are used to.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes remember CU are really non profit so to speak so they dont spend money where they don't need to, I think the site is simple and easy to use but yes it dosn't have all the bells and whisles the onther sites have.

Message 7 of 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

I must be logging in to the wrong section then?  My URL is https://myaccountsaws.navyfcu.org/nfoaa/main when on the main accounts page.  Is this the correct website?

The site I am going to has many problems.... following is a small amount of the issues:

1.  I have to fill in THREE boxes with various numbers from within a pull-down tab (which goes away if I move the mouse) just to login.

2. Different pages (such as the member mall) have entirely different page layouts, button placement, and graphics.  Even the member mall is completely unlike the Rewards page which is completely unlike the "My Accounts" page.

3.  The Bill Pay is different from Transfers is different from paying your credit card bill?

4.  There is no obvious way to set up a recurring payment for the minimum due or statement balance.

5.  Simple things like paying a bill is only available through a long pull-down menu.

6. When I go to the accounts page I have to open an entirely different section to see my non-NFCU accounts.  And then have to open an entirely different section from that to transfer funds.

If we are both using the same site, and you think this is VERY easy to use/navigate, you should really try USAA. 

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveSignal wrote:

@TATATA wrote:

I must be logging in to the wrong section then?  My URL is https://myaccountsaws.navyfcu.org/nfoaa/main when on the main accounts page.  Is this the correct website?

The site I am going to has many problems.... following is a small amount of the issues:

1.  I have to fill in THREE boxes with various numbers from within a pull-down tab (which goes away if I move the mouse) just to login.

Not sure what pull down tab you are using or why. https://www.navyfederal.org/ and the cursor defaults to the first place you type, then hit tab, then after your pin it auto cycles to your password, and you hit enter.  Don't even need a mouse?

Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

For me, its easy to use... After the external accounts were set up via snail mail authorization code, I can pay both my Visa and my auto loan very easily via external transfer.  I love it!  There are no frills at all, and the statement is very plain. but all my account balances can be seen easy at the accounts page.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.