Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

capt... Join now I waited until I separated from military and I no longer qualified luckily my father was retired so I was able to join  

Message 21 of 63
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I joined and I love it. free checking, savings, credit card and LOC....if they were an approved lender for USDA I would be getting a mortgage....as soon as I am in my new home, I will be refinancing my auto loan through NFCU as well. 

Join the family while you can. No reason not to.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 63
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

+1

Join them when you can! They are awesome!

USAA is another fantastic one. I am a member of both. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 63
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

My first statement for my cash rewards card just cut. How you pay the bill? I only have a savings account open. So far as I can tell I'll have to make a deposit into savings, wait for it to clear, then pay the bill. Seems like a long process. Is there a way to pay using another CU account?

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 24 of 63
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:

My first statement for my cash rewards card just cut. How you pay the bill? I only have a savings account open. So far as I can tell I'll have to make a deposit into savings, wait for it to clear, then pay the bill. Seems like a long process. Is there a way to pay using another CU account?

Use the bill pay at your other bank or cu and pay it like any other credit card... Do you use bill pay currently or I might be able to give you more steps to help?

Message 25 of 63
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

Use the bill pay at your other bank or cu and pay it like any other credit card... Do you use bill pay currently or I might be able to give you more steps to help?

I've never used the bill pay option before.any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 26 of 63
baller4life
Super Contributor

JediNeo, I just transfer a payment from my external bank I used to set up accts to my credit card. Posts in 1 day. Look under Transfers then From External Bank. Real easy.
Message 27 of 63
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
JediNeo, I just transfer a payment from my external bank I used to set up accts to my credit card. Posts in 1 day. Look under Transfers then From External Bank. Real easy.

Thanks. I looked at transfer option from my bank and there's a fee based on how much you transfer to an external bank. Minimum fee is $2.50. I think I figured out the bill pay option to pay my NFCU account. Thanks for the help everyone.

Message 28 of 63
baller4life
Super Contributor

If you initiate it from Navy Fed it's free. If you open your account with them online, your external bank is already set up. If not you will have to set it up. Either way works. Pull an ACH payment from the Navy Fed website or push one to Navy Fed from your bank.
Message 29 of 63
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Which bank do you do your checking with?

You are going to fall in love with Bill Pay once you get your bills set up in it and use it just a couple times to be comfortable with it!!

Message 30 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.