Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

@baller4life wrote:
If you initiate it from Navy Fed it's free. If you open your account with them online, your external bank is already set up. If not you will have to set it up. Either way works. Pull an ACH payment from the Navy Fed website or push one to Navy Fed from your bank.

^^^^This^^^^^

Call them to set it up the first time. It will save you time bc you won't have to wait on a confirmation letter. After it's set up, it will be available for you to pull from whenever you need it.

Message 41 of 63
jihadkiller

I concur 100%!! If you qualify, do it. That is not even a real question!

Message 42 of 63
Leadberry
Established Contributor

I regularly pay my NFCU CC directly from my USAA checking account.  The USAA account was linked when I joined NFCU; there are no fees.

Interestingly enough, when I joined NFCU I told the representative who set up my accounts that I would keep USAA as my primary banking institution.  She sounded extremely put-off and asked me what kind of relationship I wanted with NFCU.  USAA is just a fantastic ACH hub.  All deposits are available instantly, in full, whether it be via direct deposit, mobile check deposit, ACH transfer from another institution, etc.  NFCU can take 2-3 business days, which can be flat-out unbearable when you're used to USAA's speed.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 43 of 63
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

I regularly pay my NFCU CC directly from my USAA checking account.  The USAA account was linked when I joined NFCU; there are no fees.

Interestingly enough, when I joined NFCU I told the representative who set up my accounts that I would keep USAA as my primary banking institution.  She sounded extremely put-off and asked me what kind of relationship I wanted with NFCU.  USAA is just a fantastic ACH hub.  All deposits are available instantly, in full, whether it be via direct deposit, mobile check deposit, ACH transfer from another institution, etc.  NFCU can take 2-3 business days, which can be flat-out unbearable when you're used to USAA's speed.

+1 one of the reasons why I love USAA. Their ACH transfers are unbeatable. Money is available before the transfer is completed. 

But as the previous posters stated, you have to be crazy to not want to open a account with NFCU. But one thing to note, do not, I repeat do not ever burn NFCU as they will remember and it will be extremely difficult to get back in.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 44 of 63
CaptainGreenThumb
Established Member

I think I am ready to get my own NFCU credit card.

Anyone have advice on which card to get? It probably would not be my primary credit card so would the rewards cards really be worth it?? Or should I go for the Platinum to try to get the lowest rate possible? From people's experiences, do they rates really vary that much between the cards?

NFCU NavCheck $15,000 NFCU Platinum $12,000 Discover It $7,500 CapOne Quicksilver MC $2000
Discover FICO: 780
Message 45 of 63
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

@CaptainGreenThumb wrote:

I think I am ready to get my own NFCU credit card.

Anyone have advice on which card to get? It probably would not be my primary credit card so would the rewards cards really be worth it?? Or should I go for the Platinum to try to get the lowest rate possible? From people's experiences, do they rates really vary that much between the cards?

If you plan to pay in full each month I would go with the cash back card.  Interest rates don't matter if you don't pay interest.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 46 of 63
williamachamberlain
Valued Member

If your FICO is like your sig, you'll easily get approved.....I got 16K with FICO about 70 points lower than yours.  

I'm not getting the CLOC, no reason ya know.  Good luck NFCU has started off on the right foot for me!

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 47 of 63
CaptainGreenThumb
Established Member

Well... I'm in!

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature cashRewards Visa. Your credit line will be $12,000.00. Your APR will be prime plus 6.4. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 business days.

I also attempted to apply for NavCheck but the application failed. Maybe I will try again later.

NFCU NavCheck $15,000 NFCU Platinum $12,000 Discover It $7,500 CapOne Quicksilver MC $2000
Message 48 of 63
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow that's awesome!! Congrats!!
Message 49 of 63
CaptainGreenThumb
Established Member

NavCheck approved too! $15,000

Three new lines of credit this month... I better lay low for awhile.

Message 50 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.