Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

Well, I got a $3k starting limit on a Gorewards visa less than three years out of BK with NFCU. I recently got a CLI to $5k using what I assume was a soft pull they pulled in mid-December. $5k limit in less than a year with the card. I might try another $2k increase in April at the one year mark. I'm saving for a new car and NFCU is who I'll look to for financing. It's true if you scratch their back they'll scratch yours.
Epic Contributor

USF813 wrote:
Well, I got a $3k starting limit on a Gorewards visa less than three years out of BK with NFCU. I recently got a CLI to $5k using what I assume was a soft pull they pulled in mid-December. $5k limit in less than a year with the card. I might try another $2k increase in April at the one year mark. I'm saving for a new car and NFCU is who I'll look to for financing. It's true if you scratch their back they'll scratch yours.

Why not ask for more now since it seems you are under the sp internal limit currently available to you if you only asked for $5k

Frequent Contributor

Two reasons:

1. I don't want to.

2. The SP is now over 30 days old.

Established Member

Well I was fickle and decided to go with my original plan.

I spoke with customer service and did a product change from the rewards card to the simple platinum card.

Since this will mainly be a backup/emergency card...I figured having the lowest APR possible was in my best interest.

I don't think I will ever be upset about having a 7.99% APR credit card in my back pocket!! NFCU made the process super easy.

NFCU NavCheck $15,000 NFCU Platinum $12,000 Discover It $7,500 CapOne Quicksilver MC $2000
Discover FICO: 780
Established Member

I just applied yesterday for the goRewards Signature card with Navy Federal. I got this message of waiting 3-5 days *OUCH* but awoke to e text message telling me I had been approved but it did not say how much. I got out of bed and turned my computer on and almosy fell off my chair when I saw an approval of $18,000. I could buy a freaking used car with that (not that I plan to buy another car). My goal for the last year was to get a credit card with 5 digits (minus the decimal point LOL) I am so doing the *Snoopy Dance* right now! Thanks for all of the insight and guideance as I pass through the dark halls of credit repair!

Valued Contributor

you can honestly go back and ask for 25k

TU FICO: 672 EQ FICO: 660
NFCU LOC 15k NFCU CR Visa Sig 17.5k NFCU GR MC 17.5k Barclays RMC 10k Cap1 QS Visa 5k DFCU Visa Plat 4.6k R2G 3.7k RFCU Visa 3k Walmart 1k
Garden since: 1 Jan 2015
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1. Gotta luv Navy Fed! Congrats!!
Valued Contributor

LOL, NFCU seems to have that effect on people.  Gotta love em.  Congrats on an awesome CL.

Garden 8/16 BK7 7/14 Start Score 7/14 EQ 600 EX 589 TU 588 (Fico 8) Current 10/16 EQ 724 EX 698 TU 691 (Fico 8)
NFCU Visa 25k | Cap1 QS 11K | Cap1 QS 7.5K | Barclay Apple Rwds 9k | Amex AU 20k | Citi AU 10k | Delta Amex 2k | CFNA FS 2200 | VS 1200 | Car Loan 10/14 | Goal 740 by 9/17
Valued Contributor

they have great limits and very easy to work with

TU FICO: 672 EQ FICO: 660
NFCU LOC 15k NFCU CR Visa Sig 17.5k NFCU GR MC 17.5k Barclays RMC 10k Cap1 QS Visa 5k DFCU Visa Plat 4.6k R2G 3.7k RFCU Visa 3k Walmart 1k
Garden since: 1 Jan 2015

Seriously? How would I do that? I made an offer on a house today and am feeling on top of the world. You know those rare days that you feel you have the Midas touch, without all the negative effects? That's me...today!Smiley Very Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.