Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal

I have not applied yet. I've been a member since 1998. However, I haven't done a lot of banking with them. Anyhow, do you think it may be best to call and apply over the phone rather than online?

Message 31 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Your choice. Online is fast and easy but they are pleasant to talk with too.
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just go for it online.  I got approved with no history with them.

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

Here is my experience with NFCU this year.

Cash Rewards - Starting date was 10/1/16 at $2900.  90 days/3 statements later increased to $18,000 --> 1 year later increased to $22,000.

Flagship - Starting date was 1/9/17 at $12,000.  90d days/3 statements later increased to $22,000.  I'm hoping when I hit the one year mark it'll go up to $25,000.

Did you request the CLI or did they just give it to you?

Thanks for sharing!! Did you request the CLI or did they just give it to you?

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any ideas on minimum scores to get approved?

I'm currently: EQ:607, TU:665, EX:656

Mine was approved at $6500 with 712 TU...different for everyone.

Did you apply?

Yes I had a 712 and got $15K on the Cash Rewards on 10/20

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with Navy Federal since 2014. I really dug my heels into researching my credit after getting denied for an auto loan with them in August of last year. I had just gotten a little CapOne card and I was feeling myself a little to much.  But I had a ton of terrible things on my report. So I got into a terrible high interest loan with another creditor.

Over the last year I've gotten two other CapOnes, a ton of clean ups on my credit, a second car (CapOne Jul 17 much better interest, mom pays for and drives the high interest one from Aug16) and an unexpected AMEX. Seconds after getting the AMEX, I came on here to leave a review and saw all the reviews about NFCU cards. I was nervous after my rejection last year but I thought, "What the hey!" The worst they can do is say no and I am already on a roll with one inquiry on EX so one on TU won't kill me. Sure enough I was approved...for $15,000!!! I'm sure I went into some kind of shock especially since I had just gotten a Venture @$5,000 a few months ago with a total CL of $1600.

My new Cashrewards card will be here tomorrow. My statement date was the 22nd in line with my checking and savings, but I moved it to the 1st since the $12 rush fee would reflect by then (if not I'll buy a pack of gum and pay it off). This way I will hopefully have a statement by November 4th as the rep advised. 

My next card will hopefully be the Flagship since it is rumored to max out at an $80,000 CL. I'll probably shoot for that after 3 or 4 statements around the same time I'll hit the love button on my  CashRewards card. In the meantime I'm biting my nails about refinancing my two auto loans and getting a CLOC. I hope to be done with all this by early 2018 so I can garden until late I am ready to apply for that NFCU mortgage in late 2019/early2020.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.