cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Flagship Rewards... Is it 2% or no??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Flagship Rewards... Is it 2% or no??

Okay, so I understand if I redeem towards airline that I'm basically earning 2% on my spending... Right?

I thought I could redeem towards all travel expenses right to the statement but I found out for hotel I have to get a hotel voucher and the hotel I booked (which was pre-pay anyway) doesn't have a voucher or a visa gift card or another hotel but they are all at 1%.

Then when I tried to question or ask about the rate she first said I was wrong, then she did a very annoying ("Of course Sir, you are right!") but I wasn't... but she wasn't able to expain it to me so that was her answer... then she said "so, can I redeem a gift card for you?!" NO! I'm not trading in at less than 1%!!!

Did I get this card all wrong? should we be moving our spending over to Capital One QuickSilver and I can only use this card for airplane tickets if I want more than 1% or what?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Flagship Rewards... Is it 2% or no??

Where are the reward calculator smarties today!?

Message 2 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

The goRewards is a better card.  I have been trying to make this point.  NFCU doesn't have a great rewards system anyway.  Their cards are good for high limits to help utilization and no foreign transaction fees.   goRewards has the no ForEx + no annual fee.  I don't need to use it for much, it helps my util, and it doesn't cost me money when I do use it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

The goRewards is a better card.  I have been trying to make this point.  NFCU doesn't have a great rewards system anyway.  Their cards are good for high limits to help utilization and no foreign transaction fees.   goRewards has the no ForEx + no annual fee.  I don't need to use it for much, it helps my util, and it doesn't cost me money when I do use it.

so does that mean I should either go back to using our CashRewards Card and get the 1.5% after the $10k spend or just switch all daily spending to the new Capital One Quick Silver??

(I can't believe Capital One after all these years might be my #1 in our wallet! LOL

Message 4 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I don't have the Quicksilver, but I wouldn't be surprised if you would get better rewards redemptions with Capital One's rewards program.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.