Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fraud… Update!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Fraud… Update!!!

sorry quick search and I can't even find my own post....

All said an done we had 1 check for $2k and 3 payments to some girls Citicard for over $1600 and 2 payments to some guys Citi Card for over $2k and FINALLY today I spoke with "Tamika" in the security department I think it was called (she said she is the only one in the department) but I was really mad while talking to her because I found out the forms I had been given and had notarized and 2-day mailed in were NOT the right ones AND she had no notes once again for the 5th time of ANY of the disputes with the CitiCards payments... once we established that it was "other" Navy Reps that were to blame for this and not her we were on good terms with eachother and I just logged in and pleasantly surprised to see ALL almost $5600 in our NEW Checking account!! Smiley Happy

Now here is to hoping that when they realize this account is closed now they don't make use of the other 2 checking accounts that were in the same order of checks that this person stole!! I monitor at least twice daily!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Fraud… Update!!!

CA - I'm so happy their getting this straightened out for you.  Good luck going forward.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 6
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I hate when people do stuff like this.  I would be a little more accepting for someone that was in dire straits, but it appears those that did this to you just did it for the kicks.  Glad you were finally able to get reibursed for everything.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

wow, that's my worst nightmare! we bought a huge gun safe this weekend just to put all of our stuff in (including our guns of course) and we live in a very safe neighborhood in a small town. so happy they handled it for you. how long ago did someone swipe the checks?

Message 4 of 6
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

sorry quick search and I can't even find my own post....

All said an done we had 1 check for $2k and 3 payments to some girls Citicard for over $1600 and 2 payments to some guys Citi Card for over $2k and FINALLY today I spoke with "Tamika" in the security department I think it was called (she said she is the only one in the department) but I was really mad while talking to her because I found out the forms I had been given and had notarized and 2-day mailed in were NOT the right ones AND she had no notes once again for the 5th time of ANY of the disputes with the CitiCards payments... once we established that it was "other" Navy Reps that were to blame for this and not her we were on good terms with eachother and I just logged in and pleasantly surprised to see ALL almost $5600 in our NEW Checking account!! Smiley Happy

Now here is to hoping that when they realize this account is closed now they don't make use of the other 2 checking accounts that were in the same order of checks that this person stole!! I monitor at least twice daily!

bewteen this and commenity i truly have sympathy for you

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elim wrote:

wow, that's my worst nightmare! we bought a huge gun safe this weekend just to put all of our stuff in (including our guns of course) and we live in a very safe neighborhood in a small town. so happy they handled it for you. how long ago did someone swipe the checks?

I ordered new checks for the new address actually before we moved but we gained access on 6/15 and I never got checks and had actually requested lost and reorder the following week... the first check that later came through the account was written on 6/18 but didn't clear through until 6/23 and I actually didn't notice it! it wasn't until the first 2 citicards payments cleared through on 6/28 that I noticed issues

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.