Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Isn't Budging on 13.6% CL request on Visa Siggy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Isn't Budging on 13.6% CL request on Visa Siggy

@Maddog_ wrote:

I have been with Navy a little over a year and have had the NFCU Visa Signature during that time.  Never had any trouble getting anything from NFCU in my short experience with them, except for a CL increase from $22K to $25K.  I have tried twice in the past six months, and both times they have done a hard pull (online request).  The letter comes in the mail about a week later, denied due to excessive credit obligations.  The funny part is that my DTI is like 20% and my Util is also about 20%.  Perhaps I have exceed their exposure limit for my income (Well north of $150K) , but it still seems petty that I can't get to $25K.

FICO's are between 740 - 770 with lots of inquiries.

It sucks that you had to take 2 HPs, but having an account with a creditor doesn't guarantee a CLI or an approval. After the first denial, did you try lowering your utilization before requesting another CLI? I know keeping utilization under 30% is okay but keeping it under 10% is even better. As far as denials go, this one is as straight forward as they come.

Message 11 of 14
Maddog_
Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

Do you need 25k? 22k won't do?

As a matter of fact, yes.  22K won't do.

Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 14
Maddog_
Contributor

Do the math.  

Navy is setting a $22K threshold for a lot of folks. It appears to be some sort of ceiling.  I don't see near the activity now that was occuring with NFCU a year ago.  I wonder why things have cooled down ?

Message 13 of 14
Maddog_
Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Maddog_ wrote:

I have been with Navy a little over a year and have had the NFCU Visa Signature during that time.  Never had any trouble getting anything from NFCU in my short experience with them, except for a CL increase from $22K to $25K.  I have tried twice in the past six months, and both times they have done a hard pull (online request).  The letter comes in the mail about a week later, denied due to excessive credit obligations.  The funny part is that my DTI is like 20% and my Util is also about 20%.  Perhaps I have exceed their exposure limit for my income (Well north of $150K) , but it still seems petty that I can't get to $25K.

FICO's are between 740 - 770 with lots of inquiries.

It sucks that you had to take 2 HPs, but having an account with a creditor doesn't guarantee a CLI or an approval. After the first denial, did you try lowering your utilization before requesting another CLI? I know keeping utilization under 30% is okay but keeping it under 10% is even better. As far as denials go, this one is as straight forward as they come.

Yes I tried lowering util by about 6% for an overall 20%.  I'm sure this is about NFCU's exposure to me as a borrower with total lines.  Just kinda disappointing that I couldn't make it to the $25K level, especially in view of income level.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.