cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy (NFCU) Credit Card - Highest Starting Line?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy (NFCU) Credit Card - Highest Starting Line?

@Chickenpotpie wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

From my conversation with the person at NFCU, the POI was asked for because of "very high reported income," so I'm not sure if they would have asked me with a lower income reported. On the other hand, PenFed did ask me for POI when I did an auto refi a year ago.

Did they ever tell you what they considered "high"?

No, I didn't ask.  I'll say it again, I don't consider myself wealthy whatsoever but compared to those who don't live in the Northeastern US or Bay Area I guess I look like I'm loaded (on paper).

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I got my first NFCU cashRewards with an instant approval of 24K @ 13ish APR (its in my sig along with my scores at the time) No POI was needed. Going to wait for 12 months and then try HP to $50K.

You got two sets of scores in your report. Were you at the 500 something when you applied for the CashRewards or where? What was your credit like? Any badies? Any lates? etc?

Message 22 of 26
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

They started me at $24k. After 6 months, I requested a CLI, and selected the option to request the maximum.

They pulled a HP, and increased my line to $25k.

Edit: my APR is 13.99%

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Chickenpotpie wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

From my conversation with the person at NFCU, the POI was asked for because of "very high reported income," so I'm not sure if they would have asked me with a lower income reported. On the other hand, PenFed did ask me for POI when I did an auto refi a year ago.

Did they ever tell you what they considered "high"?

No, I didn't ask.  I'll say it again, I don't consider myself wealthy whatsoever but compared to those who don't live in the Northeastern US or Bay Area I guess I look like I'm loaded (on paper).

Good explanation.. someone that makes say 150k in one part of the country would need to make 300k for NYC/San Fran for the same possible standard of living due to cost of living mainly w/regards to housing whether renting/owning among other factors.  Income is relative to where you live whether a person looks like they make alot or not so much.

Message 24 of 26
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I lived in Mass, so totally understand the cost of living there.    I moved to escape it and  make my salary go further.  I can work from anywhere so...I did, jumped ship and moved to Florida. 

But also income averages to well under 100K a year if you look at the country as a whole. 

This is the reason for my question. 

Message 25 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Tampa, FL so I'm with you on this point. Money goes a lot further depending on where you spend it.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.