cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy OverDraft Line of Credit - AMAZING!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy OverDraft Line of Credit - AMAZING!

It's just a line of credit, for overdraft is cheap if you happen to do that at all.... Otherwise I dunno... Seems easy to get and it's a big line to sit and help util. If needed or quick borrowing of money, although with navy credit cards cash advances are only like 1% more so our credit card is still cheaper cash.
Feels like an ATM when you can move it to your checking in seconds! LOL
Message 11 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
It's just a line of credit, for overdraft is cheap if you happen to do that at all.... Otherwise I dunno... Seems easy to get and it's a big line to sit and help util. If needed or quick borrowing of money, although with navy credit cards cash advances are only like 1% more so our credit card is still cheaper cash.
Feels like an ATM when you can move it to your checking in seconds! LOL

No kidding on this. I literally moved 10k from my credit card to my checking account one time. 

There was no issue, they did however call me up and make sure it was me Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@calihlove75 wrote:

What is so special about this Navcheck? Is it basically a loan or a cash advance? The interest rate just seems crazy high, but everyone seems to be wanting to apply for it. I feel like I am missing out on something special..lol

I got it because it protects your checking account from overdrafts for free, and you have access to your credit limit to pay others with no swipe fees for them.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I moved $2600 2 weeks ago and $6500 yesterday to pay credit cards.
Tomorrow I will do 1 BT to the new BotA!
So much easier and WAY Faster and I feel like stays out of the system as a payment from another credit card... In end might not matter so basically just faster and easier!
Message 14 of 28
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Can I someone tell me what burues they use. I'm from Maryland.

Message 15 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Dang! I hate that I'm ineligible to do this.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 28
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

Can I someone tell me what burues they use. I'm from Maryland.

They pulled EQ for me, but I'm in AZ.  But from what I've seen on the boards here, they mostly pull EQ for their credit products which has been the case for me (CC, NavCheck, and auto loan all on EQ).

Message 17 of 28
starry1
Valued Contributor

Do you think the NavCheck is an easy approval (well, Navy easy) as comapred to the credit cards?  They won't give me a CLI on my nrewards, so I'm wondering if they will give me a Nav.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 18 of 28
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Congrats!!!! I love my Flagship.....Thanks a lot for now giving me the "itch" for getting the LOC!!!! 

**Must say no to the temptations**

This.

No no no no no...not gonna app for LOC.....yet!!!  Nope nope nope. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 19 of 28
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

reading this thread is very tempting to apply however recently( 48 hrs ago) I burned a HP for my platinum CC credit limit increase and trying to find a good reason to have this in my credit report.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.