Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Pulled EQ on Credit Card App

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy Pulled EQ on Credit Card App

Been a while since I applied and since the Car Loan has been paid but super slow to update paid and closed I decided to just try Navy for CC again...

1.  They Pulled EQ, Which I know they pull EQ and TU but was thinking the last like 5 apps they had only been pulling TU... or I could have it backwards!

2. Declined!  That I was not expecting... I have gotten approved pending before but not flat out denial!

hmmm... Ill update when I get letter.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Pulled EQ on Credit Card App

@Creditaddict wrote:

Been a while since I applied and since the Car Loan has been paid but super slow to update paid and closed I decided to just try Navy for CC again...

1.  They Pulled EQ, Which I know they pull EQ and TU but was thinking the last like 5 apps they had only been pulling TU... or I could have it backwards!

2. Declined!  That I was not expecting... I have gotten approved pending before but not flat out denial!

Bummer ~ sorry to hear....maybe you can recon ??

I think they pulled TU for me when I apped for CC, but I think they have pulled EQ for CLIs ( at least in my experience ).

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
DiamondK
Valued Member

For me, they pulled both EQ and TU around July 18th.
Message 3 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Creditaddict, your scores seem fine for navy if not on high side. Can you give us more info on denial reasons in past as well as more detail on your credit profile? Did you ever screw navy in the past?
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear CA Smiley Sad

Did you get the denial reasons yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 8
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Very odd denial!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't have reasons yet but this is the first flat out denial I have gotten.

2-3 months ago sold and paid off car loan that was with them.

I closed my secured card after about 13 months with them last year.

Navy and I don't get along only because of views on income.  so usually I get approved IF... I keep thinking one of these days the computer would just do it instant...

oh well...

oh Im also AU on my partners $25k Credit Card!  oh well... 

When I give them what they want then I guess they will give me what I want!  LOL

Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

What are the differing views on income?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.