Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy/USAA App Spree Strategy

tag
coachmiff
Regular Contributor

Navy/USAA App Spree Strategy

This is FYI--hope it helps--I recently went on an app spree in Feb. 13 which I planned out meticulously.  In Jan 13 I sent a very nice letter to USAA and Navy FCU and expressed how appreciative I have become of their great institutions.  With this letter I sent all my w-4's in for the 2012 tax year(didn't want them to ask for documentation of income).  Just asked them to keep on file for my income profile.

Got out of credit score jail in mid Feb.--(629 to 768)--lot's of charge offs fell of--long story!  Anyway went 7 out of 8 on app spree--picked up 2 new navy products at best APRs they offer(still working on the navy visa platinum 16.9--don't use now until APRs reduction in July hopefully) and two USAA products (best APRs) --you can basically see the pick up's on sig line.

This success is due to all the constructive threads that I have been reading in these forums--I thank you all my brothers and sisters--aka mavens of credit!

Went from 11.6k to 84.6K in one month!  Income at app time 46K utility 2%--aaoa 3 years--and I due realize the 760 scores were the major factor--you to can do it--I am in the garden for life--I don't need or want anymore--except for topping dodgeball!

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy plat visa 25k,navy go 25k, Navy Check 15K, , USAA Am Exp 18K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 18K, Discover IT 18.5K, PayPal Extras MC 7.5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 8.05k, Wallmart discover 7.5k, Amex bce 25k,Boa cash rewards25k, southwest chase 4k, nasa cr 30k,nasa rew 5k,barc rewards 25k=279k+ scores 750 across the board
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Navy/USAA App Spree Strategy

click click click click

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 2 of 5
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Excellent job !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 5
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Good app strategy if you're going for high credit limits. USAA and NFCU is a big cheat to get up there! Lol, congratulations though on the new lines and the chargeoffs dropping off.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 5
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Nice strategy....congrats!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.