Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal credit union

tag
Gerri
New Contributor

Re: Navy federal credit union

@Creditaddict wrote:
You should apply for the credit card, you will be so happy!

I will at the same time as I apply for my auto loan in June.  I am waiting for my Credit card to report my decreased balance to hopefully get a score bump!  I don't want another hard pull before the application for the car.  So, you think I don't have to worry anything about my membership since it accepted me today?  Wasn't sure since it is Sunday.

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Should be fine
Message 22 of 45
jaebsf
Contributor

Just to join they pull TU. For credit cards they pull Equifax. I also did a auto-refi with them shortly after joining and opening a credit card acccount. When I did so the rep told me that they would use the Equifax report pulled for the credit card application since that had been pulled within the last 30 days. He was wrong. They pulled Equifax again.

Message 23 of 45
Gerri
New Contributor

@jaebsf wrote:

Just to join they pull TU. For credit cards they pull Equifax. I also did a auto-refi with them shortly after joining and opening a credit card acccount. When I did so the rep told me that they would use the Equifax report pulled for the credit card application since that had been pulled within the last 30 days. He was wrong. They pulled Equifax again.

That is good to know, thanks!  I am going to test drive cars this week and then decide which one I want to purchase.  I have it narrowed down to 3 Choices!  i want to purchase near the end of this month since I hear you get the best deals near the end of months due to their sales quota.  I plan to apply for the auto loan around the 20th since my credit card will report my new markedly lower balance on the 19th! (Yes, I actually called to ask them when they report....) fingers crossed for approval when I apply.

Message 24 of 45
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

@Gerri wrote:

Hi all,  I wasn't sure what forum to ask this question in so I guessed this one.  Does anyone know if Navy Federal pulls your credit report as a part of their application to join?  I recently found out that as a civilian employee of DOD I can join, but it don't want an inquiry on my CR report right now.  Thanks in advance.

Yes. Absolutely.

Message 25 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Gerri wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

That is good to know, thanks!  I am going to test drive cars this week and then decide which one I want to purchase.  I have it narrowed down to 3 Choices!  i want to purchase near the end of this month since I hear you get the best deals near the end of months due to their sales quota.  I plan to apply for the auto loan around the 20th since my credit card will report my new markedly lower balance on the 19th! (Yes, I actually called to ask them when they report....) fingers crossed for approval when I apply.

you buying new? what 3 cars narrowed to?

Message 26 of 45
Gerri
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

IActually I ruled out one today.  The Volvo SUV was too big!  I am now down to the Buick Encore Leather or the BMW X1.  After sitting in the Encore this morning I think I am leaning towards it because it does not require premium Gas like the BMW and it gets better gas mileage (not by much).  Plus it was just too cute!  The price is much better on it as well.  I have had a BMW before and really loved it; however I am thinking that I should go more economical at this point!  Yes I am buying new.  I have a 1999 now and bought it new.  I love how long it has lasted for me!

Message 27 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Gerri wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

IActually I ruled out one today.  The Volvo SUV was too big!  I am now down to the Buick Encore Leather or the BMW X1.  After sitting in the Encore this morning I think I am leaning towards it because it does not require premium Gas like the BMW and it gets better gas mileage (not by much).  Plus it was just too cute!  The price is much better on it as well.  I have had a BMW before and really loved it; however I am thinking that I should go more economical at this point!  Yes I am buying new.  I have a 1999 now and bought it new.  I love how long it has lasted for me!

Always good to have your packup financing (navy) in your pocket but with buying new you are probably going to make out best direct with them (currently they have 0% for 60 monhts)

Also might be helpful to locate the car you want with the options you want on a couple Buick dealer websites near you and ask for the out the door pricing they can give you.

That way you can eliminate the haggle all together!

Message 28 of 45
Gerri
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

Always good to have your packup financing (navy) in your pocket but with buying new you are probably going to make out best direct with them (currently they have 0% for 60 monhts)

Also might be helpful to locate the car you want with the options you want on a couple Buick dealer websites near you and ask for the out the door pricing they can give you.

Aaaah, thanks for the advice!  Times have changed since the last time I bought a car.  Using the internet to my advantage is one of them!

Message 29 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Gerri wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gerri wrote:

@jaebsf wrote:

Aaaah, thanks for the advice!  Times have changed since the last time I bought a car.  Using the internet to my advantage is one of them!

and usually when I submit online, they call almost immedietly... I let it go to voicemail. When an email comes through if it says i tried to reach you or something, I just respond back that I was looking for the numbers on the vehicle that I sent over... sometimes they are not so pushy and just give you the numbers right off (I like working with them better) if i get anything about must come in sort of deal then I move on to another dealership!

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.