Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavyFCU, Reopened my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NavyFCU, Reopened my account

Thanks for the clarificcation. Now everything makes sense. I am curious about
one thing. Why they were reluctant to close your account?

thanks

orl2185 wrote:
opened account. told them my grandf had served in navy some time back. Did not give them ant more info about him, they just opened account and cc wo verifying my info. Felt bad bc my aunt had told me he did not serve after all. I called them to close account after I read all posts in you last thread about CU and your issues with them. They seemed reluctant to close account when I called them. Turns out to be he did serve and CU verified it. So they reopened my account.

Message 11 of 32
orl2185
Established Contributor

ashabbir1 wrote:
Thanks for the clarificcation. Now everything makes sense. I am curious about
one thing. Why they were reluctant to close your account?

thanks

orl2185 wrote:
opened account. told them my grandf had served in navy some time back. Did not give them ant more info about him, they just opened account and cc wo verifying my info. Felt bad bc my aunt had told me he did not serve after all. I called them to close account after I read all posts in you last thread about CU and your issues with them. They seemed reluctant to close account when I called them. Turns out to be he did serve and CU verified it. So they reopened my account.

Seemed that they had verified my info beforehand. I was the one who was wrong about my eligibility

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if your grandfather's information worked...my gradmother's information should work...
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would my grandfathers information work? Smiley Happy

TheCynicalOne wrote:
Well, if your grandfather's information worked...my gradmother's information should work...

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me CC without me even filling out the memebership applicationSmiley Happy

I see in very near future that like NASA they will open it for everyone with

one time memebrship fee.

TheCynicalOne wrote:

Message 15 of 32
orl2185
Established Contributor

ashabbir1 wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:

Hope he served and had prior membership with cu. That was the odd part. My Gf did have an cu account before. My family had no prior knowledge of this old cu account he had.

Message 16 of 32
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

oh no ORL look what you re-started lol

AH the chaotic attraction of Navy FCU......
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

orl2185 wrote:

ashabbir1 wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:

Hope he served and had prior membership with cu. That was the odd part. My Gf did have an cu account before. My family had no prior knowledge of this old cu account he had.

Nah, I don't think she had an account with NFCU.  Well, dang it.  Extend your membership to me.  I'll be your "cousin."

Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 32
orl2185
Established Contributor

SonorityGenius wrote:
oh no ORL look what you re-started lol

AH the chaotic attraction of Navy FCU......

LOL...Smiley Happy

Happy Holidays
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain how you got in? I called a couple months ago and explained to them that my grandfather had retired from the Navy and passed away 10 years ago. They told me I was not eligible because he was not a member of the CU.

I am thinking of trying again. I spoke to my mother about it a few days ago and now have my grandfathers SS# and DOB. I was looking a few weeks ago at the application online and found where you need to enter an access number. What do you use or how do you apply?
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.