NavyFed Flagship Rewards Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NavyFed Flagship Rewards Visa Signature

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Put in my application to join earlier this week. 

Now my Experian credit score is 638 right now, but I've heard Navy is favorable towards giving credit cards to their members. True? 

Also, what do you guys think about this card? Not just rewards but the benefits too, and customer service of course. 

I have the card.  It's ok but nothing great.  Certainly wouldn't apply for it when it doesn't have a sign up bonus.  Also while NFCU is generous towards those with lower credit scores, the Flagship has higher underwriting criteria than their other cards o I would apply for one of the cash back cards instead.

Why does the Flagship have higher underwritting requirements.

I guess because it's their 'premier' card and has the ability to go to a $80K limit vs the $50K for their other cards.  I'm not sure it's a huge difference in underwriting but that's what I have read elsewhere.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NavyFed Flagship Rewards Visa Signature

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Put in my application to join earlier this week. 

Now my Experian credit score is 638 right now, but I've heard Navy is favorable towards giving credit cards to their members. True? 

Also, what do you guys think about this card? Not just rewards but the benefits too, and customer service of course. 

I have the card.  It's ok but nothing great.  Certainly wouldn't apply for it when it doesn't have a sign up bonus.  Also while NFCU is generous towards those with lower credit scores, the Flagship has higher underwriting criteria than their other cards o I would apply for one of the cash back cards instead.

Why does the Flagship have higher underwritting requirements.

I guess because it's their 'premier' card and has the ability to go to a $80K limit vs the $50K for their other cards.  I'm not sure it's a huge difference in underwriting but that's what I have read elsewhere.

Could also be the higher rewards per dollar program. 2 points for every dollar spent is better than 1 points on the nRewards, better than 1.5% cash back on their green card, and better than the other card that offers 3 points on dining, 2 on gas, and 1 on everything else. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.