Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavyFed invites me to apply for a card i already have

tag
mschang
Regular Contributor

NavyFed invites me to apply for a card i already have

i'm on month 14 on my navyfed secured card and on month 3 of my unsecured flagship visa with them.

clicked on my offers and it says i should apply for the flagship visa... which i already have.

would be nice if they unsecure my securd CC so i can get my 1K back... and offer me something i don't already have

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NavyFed invites me to apply for a card i already have

@mschang wrote:

i'm on month 14 on my navyfed secured card and on month 3 of my unsecured flagship visa with them.

clicked on my offers and it says i should apply for the flagship visa... which i already have.

would be nice if they unsecure my securd CC so i can get my 1K back... and offer me something i don't already have

Could you apply for another one of the their unsecured CCs, like the Platinum ?     If you are approved then I would tend to agree that you could shut down your secured card and get your deposit back.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

why have you not requested that they release the funds on your secured nrewards and go for a cli at the same time? you eq fico is strong enough and as long as no baddies have popped up since the secured nrewards you should be a go

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called them and asked about unsecuring it? That would be my first step; someone on this board reported their nrewards unsecuring after the 12 month mark. I would refrain from opening a new account; just try to insecure your nrewards by calling them!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 5
mschang
Regular Contributor

i called after the 12-month mark and they said they review on the 13th month and then monthly thereafter. i actually applied for the flagship that same day because i was feeling cocky after having a CA delete and a few GWs Smiley Wink maybe that was my downfall.

as much as i would love to get the money back i don't think i can close it; this, the flagship, and a banana republic store card with $120 CL are my only credit cards.

i need to refi my car loan so i'm not going to push it but if they don't unsecure by october i'll call them.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.