Frequent Contributor

Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

+ Chase Ink =

Valued Contributor

myjourney wrote:

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

If you want to stay with a main stream lender I agree, BCE/BCP would be a good pick.  But I would suggest joing a credit union.  If your military or have parents that retired from the military join NFCU.  Otherwise DCU and Alliant are good credit unions anyone can join.  CU's tend to give large lines. 

Established Contributor

Before you apply for a new card I would try calling Discover for a CLI. That is probably your best option for a higher limit right now.

Once you get the CLI from Discover then go for a new card. Perhaps a BoA 123 or AMEX BCE.

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 705 4/16/15 - EX 707 3/8/15 - TU 707 3/8/15
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Blogger

Ortz33__ wrote:

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

What are you looking for and what does your spending pattern look like?

Valued Contributor

US Bank

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.