cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

If you want to stay with a main stream lender I agree, BCE/BCP would be a good pick.  But I would suggest joing a credit union.  If your military or have parents that retired from the military join NFCU.  Otherwise DCU and Alliant are good credit unions anyone can join.  CU's tend to give large lines. 

Message 3 of 6
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Before you apply for a new card I would try calling Discover for a CLI. That is probably your best option for a higher limit right now.

Once you get the CLI from Discover then go for a new card. Perhaps a BoA 123 or AMEX BCE.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 4 of 6
HiLine
Blogger

@Ortz33__ wrote:

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

What are you looking for and what does your spending pattern look like?

Message 5 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

US Bank

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.