Frequent Contributor
Ortz33__

Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Near 700 FICO score. What is the best card for me?

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Contributor
boomhower

myjourney wrote:

IMO amex is ready for the picking in your case

If you want to stay with a main stream lender I agree, BCE/BCP would be a good pick.  But I would suggest joing a credit union.  If your military or have parents that retired from the military join NFCU.  Otherwise DCU and Alliant are good credit unions anyone can join.  CU's tend to give large lines. 

Established Contributor
jamie123

Before you apply for a new card I would try calling Discover for a CLI. That is probably your best option for a higher limit right now.

Once you get the CLI from Discover then go for a new card. Perhaps a BoA 123 or AMEX BCE.

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 690 11/17/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Blogger
HiLine

Ortz33__ wrote:

Hello all. 

I have about 25% utilization, 4 years AAoA, an auto loan on time for the past two years and my last late payment was about 5 years ago.  

I have Discover, Cap One (2 cards), Merrick Bank, Barclay and a few store cards.  My highest limit is $2000 but I am hoping to get a bigger limit, like $5,000-$10,000

Anyone have any reccomendations for me?   I burned Citi and Chase over 7 years ago but I beleive I am still on their files so they are out of the quesiton..  Amex?  Venture Card?  That would make that 3 CapOne Cards which is probably not possible.  Should I try to updrage my Discover?  

What are you looking for and what does your spending pattern look like?

Valued Contributor
Dustink

US Bank

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}