cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need AU Advice!

tag
aag415

Re: Need AU Advice!

I decided not to go for the AU on the Firestone card, since I don't think the $2200 limit is worth adding a 2 month old account into my AAoA. Especially since I just got approved for a Victoria's Secret card today! Smiley Very Happy Did the shopping cart trick, no HP. It's not much, just a $750 limit, but at least it's my own account! And it's a card I'll actually use and benefit from. Seeing that approval screen for the first time in 6 years felt pretty damn good!

And my dad is going to let me transfer $1000 of my balance to his new Chase Freedom (which I'm an AU on). That will drop my Citi Forward utilization from 90% to 70%, and puts the Freedom at 18%. Still lots of work to do, but that definitely helps! I might be able to convince him to transfer more, once he sees that I'm making the payments on time.

I also went ahead and mailed a GW letter to Citi this morning...I decided the benefit of potentially getting the lates removed outweighs any possible risk. And I feel like I have a good relationship with them, since I have several student loans dating back to 2007-2009 that have always been in good standing, and my CC has had perfect payment history over the past 6 years other than those two months. I'm not getting my hopes up (especially for the first attempt), but it's worth a shot.

Current Scores (myFICO 7/16) - EQ: 750 || TU: 728 || EX: 750
My Wallet - Inspirus CU Visa Platinum: $15,000 || NYU Alumni BankAmericard Cash Rewards: $10,000 || Chase Freedom: $6,000 || Citi Forward: $5,600 || Citi Double Cash: $3,700 || Discover It: $1,500 || Victoria's Secret: $950 || Several AU Cards
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.