cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice: Can U have too many Visa Sig??

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Need Advice: Can U have too many Visa Sig??

Hi Fico Forum,

You've been good with your advice in the past which has really helped me out....so I'M BACK!!!!!

QUESTION:

Can you have too many Visa Signature Cards?  I received a mail notice from NFCU that they were automatically upgrading my Cash Rewards to a Visa Siggy and I'm wondering if have $20,000 out of $35,000 in non-reportable credit limit a bad thing? Even though I don't plan to appy for any new credit until later this year, I don't want potential Credit Grantors unable to see my two highest CLs not showing.

Thoughts??????

BACKGROUND:

• Amex Plat
  • Chase: 2500
  • NFCU: 15,000
  • NFCU LOC: 10,000
  • BOA Visa Sig: 5,000

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Barris
Established Member

Re: Need Advice: Can U have too many Visa Sig??

Looking at this logically, it would be bad for your credit score simply because, since only $15K is being reported, the total credit available to you would be reported as less than the actual and that might skew your CU score, hitting your score.

Message 2 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

hmmm...For me only the BofA Siggy does not report  the credit line but Cap1 does and it looks it is also calculated in util. Not sure if only BofA is not reporting?  My util and dti stayed the same so my score did not change for not reporting the CL on the BofA Siggy  but if I had high util this would make a difference. With same util and dti  EQ Fico punished me for 4 new out of 6 total accounts reporting...but looks that I am recovering already Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi Fico Forum,

You've been good with your advice in the past which has really helped me out....so I'M BACK!!!!!

QUESTION:

Can you have too many Visa Signature Cards?  I received a mail notice from NFCU that they were automatically upgrading my Cash Rewards to a Visa Siggy and I'm wondering if have $20,000 out of $35,000 in non-reportable credit limit a bad thing? Even though I don't plan to appy for any new credit until later this year, I don't want potential Credit Grantors unable to see my two highest CLs not showing.

Thoughts??????

BACKGROUND:

• Amex Plat

In answer to your question about too many Visa Signature cards, I think the answer is...that depends.  On you and what your needs are. 

I have multple Visa Signature cards (see below), and all of them report CL on my reports, with the exception of the JPMorgan card and it doesn't report at all.  ALL of the cards do show a CL, a high balance and in several cases the notation of "flexible spending' card. 

Others here have reported having Signature cards and little to no major impact on their reports.  It's truly a YMMV thing.

Message 4 of 5
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi Fico Forum,

QUESTION:

Thoughts??????

BACKGROUND:

• Amex Plat

In answer to your question about too many Visa Signature cards, I think the answer is...that depends.  On you and what your needs are. 

I have multple Visa Signature cards (see below), and all of them report CL on my reports, with the exception of the JPMorgan card and it doesn't report at all.  ALL of the cards do show a CL, a high balance and in several cases the notation of "flexible spending' card. 

Others here have reported having Signature cards and little to no major impact on their reports.  It's truly a YMMV thing.

+1...With the exception of my JP Morgan Select, which doesn't report at all, all of my visa sig cards report a credit/access line...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.