Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice Desperately - on reopening closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice Desperately - on reopening closed account

Here is my situation. I have had a Cabelas Worlds Foremost Bankcard for 13 years, credit limit 13K.  Until last year- I never carried a balance.  As of 2008, I began carrying a balance on the card but no problems with payment etc. I have one other CC, with CL of $3K.  My Fico Score is 748.  At the end of Feb. I decided to apply to a couple of new cards so I could transfer the balance off of the Cabelas card and save on interest.  On Feb 7th Cabelas pulled my CR, and closed my account after the balance was cut by 3/4 due to transfers.  None of my reports is showing a negative due tot he "closed by grantor" however, there is still a small balance on the card, and now my longest TL has been closed.  I called Cabelas and was told to call back at the end of March for them to re-evaluate.  My Fico is still in in the 740's - but I have 5 inquiries on my report- 2 of which are from Cabelas.  Now that the account is considered "closed", do I have any luck at re-opening it?  Has anyone had success with this before? I have no derogs on my report, no lates- nothing.  I did NOT want this account closed, and now I'm worried that they will not reopen it, but will issue a new one at a much less limit- and another inquiry on my report.  HELP.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Advice Desperately - on reopening closed account

well if they re-open the account even at a lower rate, it would still be your old account so you wouldn't loose that age of account.

however they might pull your credit again, they seem to like doing that. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice Desperately - on reopening closed account

I called in today to find out if I requested the re-open if they would pull another bureau and they said yes.  The problem I have, is I have 6 inquiries now through Equifax in the past 2 years.  2 of them are from this cc issuer- is this going to count against me if I have 2 new credit card accounts?  These are the accounts that I transferred the balance too.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.