Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice for Golden 1 VISA Platinum Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice for Golden 1 VISA Platinum Card

I live in Califronia. I couldn't find much information about people who were rejected when they've applied for this credit card. My credit score is 730+ all across with less than 8 inquiries for each credit bureau. I opened those new accounts below all under 6 months.

I was approved for Citi Double Cash Card, American Express Blue Everyday Cash and Discover it all last week. Will this show up on my CR [today]? I don't currently see them, only their inquiries.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Advice for Golden 1 VISA Platinum Card

All those account will show up sooner or later on your Credit report to answer that question..

So if you want this CU card, then obviously it would probably be best to apply for it before the other TL's show up that are not reporting yet.. If that is your question?  Sure someone will ring in on this card or CU if they have ever dealt with them before on requirements, limits, uw, etc.

Message 2 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All those account will show up sooner or later on your Credit report to answer that question..

So if you want this CU card, then obviously it would probably be best to apply for it before the other TL's show up that are not reporting yet.. If that is your question?  Sure someone will ring in on this card or CU if they have ever dealt with them before on requirements, limits, uw, etc.

I was rejected (afer an EQ HP) because they dont support cards in my state.   Pity as it looks like a good card.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I was rejected (afer an EQ HP) because they dont support cards in my state.   Pity as it looks like a good card.

What state do you live in? It's kind of odd that you had a HP because I've read on the web they would scan your state that you live in first, something in that sense.

Message 4 of 23
Open123
Super Contributor

For those interested in pure cashback, this is an excellent card--best in class with the 3% Gas/Grocery/Restaurant often used categories.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

For those interested in pure cashback, this is an excellent card--best in class with the 3% Gas/Grocery/Restaurant often used categories.

I've learned of this from the recent "best dining" card thread. I'm thrilled. 

Message 6 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What state do you live in? It's kind of odd that you had a HP because I've read on the web they would scan your state that you live in first, something in that sense.

Im in MA.   Yes, I was annoyed and asked, unsuccessfully, for it to be removed.  They said (at that time anyway) that they always pulled first (presumably they didn't/don't get a lot of out of state applications).

Still, not as bad as Discover who double pulled before rejecting me because my other Discover card was less than a year old (after a rep told me it would be OK). 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Im in MA.   Yes, I was annoyed and asked, unsuccessfully, for it to be removed.  They said (at that time anyway) that they always pulled first (presumably they didn't/don't get a lot of out of state applications).

Still, not as bad as Discover who double pulled before rejecting me because my other Discover card was less than a year old (after a rep told me it would be OK). 

+1 for MA!  Been here my whole life Smiley Happy

@Friz: original thread is http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Changes-to-Golden-1-Plat-Rewards-Visa-3-3-3-1/td-p/3650823; you'll find LTL's comment on page 6 regarding state eligibility.  I haven't read through the whole thing myself but hopefully you can find some more info there!  And yes this is as good as it gets for cashback on dining, tied with Chase AARP/Huntington Voice/maybe another but can't remember off the top of my head.

Message 8 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

OP, I'm sure your DC is reporting by now. Mine reported the day after I apoed for it.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just a hunch but I don't think Golden 1 is sensitive to inquiries, especially when I only have 5 for the 2 credit bureaus that they do pull. I think I'm just going to apply in person. The application is asking me to come verify myself at the Golden 1 Bank anyhow (everyone). This isn't a traditional type of application as I have encountered in the past.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.