Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on Credit monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice on Credit monitoring

Hey guys,

First I would like to thank everyone that contributes to the forums. I mean this site has priceless information that if use well can do wonders for you. I have gone from basically just having a student BoA Credit card to having the following:

BoA Visa Plat Plus Rewards (did product change and kept history)
BoA AMEX
AMEX Blue (product change from delta)
MACY'S
Bloomingdales
Purchased my new car (with a co-signer) but myself as a primary owner.

Also was able remove inaccurate CA.

And all thanks to the info I found in the forums from different topics. I now only work in my utilization as I see no need for more credit.

But now I would like to purchase a credit monitoring tool that will allow me to check all three credit reports and scores so I can see when my scores get better.

Any suggestions???
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Credit monitoring

I really liked the Amex credit monitoring.
I would stay far away from Privacy Matters! it's like working on dial up getting around there site.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally use and like TrueCredit.com. I can pull my reports and FAKO scores every 24 hours for $14.95/month.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I be getting my fico or Fako scores from Credit Monitoring AMEX?
Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

all of them will be fakos
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow I just went to rip off off report website and did not like the reviews for the service. I think im just going to orden the scores directly from all three bureaus when I need them. Thanks for the help tho.
Message 6 of 19
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
wow I just went to rip off off report website and did not like the reviews for the service. I think im just going to orden the scores directly from all three bureaus when I need them. Thanks for the help tho.

A good choice. Though CS from Amex is nice if you're worried about ID theft or fraud at any time down the line. You're on a great track, so keep up the good work.
Message 7 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would order them from here myfico.com
Message 8 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Your scores that come directly from the bureaus will be FAKO scores, not FICO scores, except for the Equifax score. (They do sell you your EQ FICO.)

Get reports from the bureaus and/or monitoring services; get your scores from myFICO.

FAKO scores rarely match FICO's with any amount of consistency or predictability.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

ok, seriously....why the hell don't the credit bureaus sell you REAL scores? what is the deal with these guys? they have to make everything so difficult & expensive!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.