JRAMI

Need Advice on Credit monitoring

Hey guys,

First I would like to thank everyone that contributes to the forums. I mean this site has priceless information that if use well can do wonders for you. I have gone from basically just having a student BoA Credit card to having the following:

BoA Visa Plat Plus Rewards (did product change and kept history)
BoA AMEX
AMEX Blue (product change from delta)
MACY'S
Bloomingdales
Purchased my new car (with a co-signer) but myself as a primary owner.

Also was able remove inaccurate CA.

And all thanks to the info I found in the forums from different topics. I now only work in my utilization as I see no need for more credit.

But now I would like to purchase a credit monitoring tool that will allow me to check all three credit reports and scores so I can see when my scores get better.

Any suggestions???
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Need Advice on Credit monitoring

I really liked the Amex credit monitoring.
I would stay far away from Privacy Matters! it's like working on dial up getting around there site.
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Shnapple

I personally use and like TrueCredit.com. I can pull my reports and FAKO scores every 24 hours for $14.95/month.
FEB '08 FAKOs: TU 628 | EX 650 | EQ 584
JAN'09 FAKOs TU 686 | EX 705 | EQ 664
EQ FICO: FEB '08 646 | APR '08 678 | SEP '08 679
JRAMI

Will I be getting my fico or Fako scores from Credit Monitoring AMEX?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

all of them will be fakos
JRAMI

wow I just went to rip off off report website and did not like the reviews for the service. I think im just going to orden the scores directly from all three bureaus when I need them. Thanks for the help tho.
Frequent Contributor
TangMeister

JRAMI wrote:
wow I just went to rip off off report website and did not like the reviews for the service. I think im just going to orden the scores directly from all three bureaus when I need them. Thanks for the help tho.

A good choice. Though CS from Amex is nice if you're worried about ID theft or fraud at any time down the line. You're on a great track, so keep up the good work.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I would order them from here myfico.com
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

JRAMI wrote:

Your scores that come directly from the bureaus will be FAKO scores, not FICO scores, except for the Equifax score. (They do sell you your EQ FICO.)

Get reports from the bureaus and/or monitoring services; get your scores from myFICO.

FAKO scores rarely match FICO's with any amount of consistency or predictability.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

ok, seriously....why the hell don't the credit bureaus sell you REAL scores? what is the deal with these guys? they have to make everything so difficult & expensive!
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}