Contributor
pat0812

Need Advice regarding Wells Fargo CLI. Pls help

Hi

I opened my first credit card about a year and 4 months ago, it was a $300 Wells Fargo secured card.

This month i finally got my card graduated and it became $300 unsecured. I was hoping they would give me a little higher limit

Besided this card I have 3 other credit cards

1) Walmart card - 2000 credit limit

2) Capital One - 750 credit limit

3) American Express - Premier Gold charge card (No Limit)

I have also a car loan for the last 8 months

All my accounts are in good standing with no negatives on my report

I have also under 20% Utility and my Fico Score is close to 690

My question is if I could get a credit increase on my Unsecured Wells Fargo? Should I wait several months since it was just unsecured ?

How much should I ask for ? I read in the forum that Wells Fargo doesn't counter offer what you ask for. If you don't get approved with the soft pull, they transfer it to the Credit Department and then you get a hard pull. I'm trying to avoid that, so I wanted to know what should be the amount I should aim for ?

Any help would be great.

Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Need Advice regarding Wells Fargo CLI. Pls help

pat0812 wrote:

Hi

I opened my first credit card about a year and 4 months ago, it was a $300 Wells Fargo secured card.

This month i finally got my card graduated and it became $300 unsecured. I was hoping they would give me a little higher limit

Besided this card I have 3 other credit cards

1) Walmart card - 2000 credit limit

2) Capital One - 750 credit limit

3) American Express - Premier Gold charge card (No Limit)

I have also a car loan for the last 8 months

All my accounts are in good standing with no negatives on my report

I have also under 20% Utility and my Fico Score is close to 690

My question is if I could get a credit increase on my Unsecured Wells Fargo? Should I wait several months since it was just unsecured ?

How much should I ask for ? I read in the forum that Wells Fargo doesn't counter offer what you ask for. If you don't get approved with the soft pull, they transfer it to the Credit Department and then you get a hard pull. I'm trying to avoid that, so I wanted to know what should be the amount I should aim for ?

Any help would be great.

IMHO ask for a limit of 1500

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Super Contributor
enharu

Re: Need Advice regarding Wells Fargo CLI. Pls help

Really depends on how much you want to ask for. What you could do is to call late at night when the credit department is closed. If they end up sending your request to them, call them at 5AM and have them cancel the request. Chances are they shouldn't have processed it yet.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+