Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice

tag
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Advice

What is BOA backdoor number? they denied me and the banks are no help! What a waste of time going there was. I am seriously pissed off. First off the moron applied for the wrong card for me. ugh!
Message 21 of 27
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

I may have to write a little letter to some address for reconsideration for the 99/500 card at least. Ugh. This is ridiculous, it seems like I really **bleep**ed up and wasted time right now. A hard inquiry after a year for this. Smiley Sad I'm trying to do it over the phone right now, so we'll see... but my scores are in the 660 range and everything is right on my report. Just not enough time since I'm 21 etc etc. such bull**bleep**, when I know people who get approved left and right for 10 ccs and I am always having the worst luck with this type of stuff. I am about to give up. And just not ask for anything for years and say **bleep** it! I don't get how others do whatever and get it all done in their favor. I guess thats life. Not my time right now maybe.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA .: 888-645-6733
Message 23 of 27
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

I sent the letter. Everyone on the phones was saying that's what I have to do... Oh well. It was worth a shot, even sent it priority, so let's see what the decision is. I'm probably not going to count on it, but it was worth a shot.

I know my history isn't that long, but who cares.. I'm 21 years old. Plenty of bancruptcies and bad credit were approved for this 99/500 card. I don't see why they won't. I hope they look at my actual report and the analysis understands what i mean by saying i wanted this card for proper balance of a mix of cards. if not i'll be mad of a wasted inquiry. but what can ya do sometimes. the weird thing is, at the bottom it said send a letter in for reconsideration? What's that bs about, almost seems like it's possible I could get it reconsidered. never seen that in a letter before. Odd.

Message 24 of 27
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Bank of America disgusts me. They are awful. I got denied for the 99/500 secured card as well, or maybe they don't offer that anymore. My credit really is good too, so it was a shock and weird, and that's a shame. **bleep** them! They won't ever get me as a customer, I'll go elsewhere now.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@theNavigator wrote:
Bank of America disgusts me. They are awful. I got denied for the 99/500 secured card as well, or maybe they don't offer that anymore. My credit really is good too, so it was a shock and weird, and that's a shame. **bleep** them! They won't ever get me as a customer, I'll go elsewhere now.

BofA doesn't want me either...but that's okay...from what I've seen recently from them, I don't want them either.

I've never gotten offered any preapprovals on their website either...but, I let it  end there and never applied for any of their cards.

I do have lots of other prime cards though...and you will too, eventually. Building credit takes time and patience...you'll get there. Just try not to take the denials personally...it's business.

Message 26 of 27
Red22
Contributor

My suggestion would be the  BOA secured card if you have the cash to spare.  It will unsecure in 9-12 months.  You could start with $300 and increase limit during 9 months until it unsecures.  The balance deposited will be returned to you as a check when the credit card unsecures and your CL will remain the balance that you deposited assuming your FICO stays the same or improves.  Also check out these websites;  do some research before your next app.

www.financeglobe.com  and www.whogavemecredit.com

Hope this helps on your journey.  Your scores are much better than mine and I was approved credit after doing my research first and being selective with my apps.  Last card was the Hooters card w/500 cl.  But I'm in the no app mode until next year. "Too Much New Credit".

Much Luck to you!! 

Crawling At A Snails Pace . . .
*9/01/08 FICO; EQ:524 TU:532 FAKO;EX:536
*12/07/08 FICO; EQ:548 TU: 562 FAKO;EX:565
**03/10/09 FICO;EQ: 624 TU:563 FAKO;EX:585
**09/21/10 FICO;EQ:661 TU:679EX:663(FAKO)

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.