05-01-2009 07:44 PM
05-01-2009 07:52 PM
I'm not sure who told you that inquiries fall off after 90 days, but I am pretty sure they are wrong.
05-06-2009 06:50 AM
So you'd wait until there are no inquries showing? So after june of this year, this way I have a better chance??
Did you try the preapproval link for BOA yet? It doesn't result in a hard inquiry. If you only have 1 inq on your reports, you should be good. Try the preapproval for BOA and see what offer(s) you get. If no offers come up then it's up to you to decide to app or not.
Also it was suggested that you call the backdoor # for Cap1 for a CLI and ask if it will be a hard or soft pull and then decide if a CLI is worth a pull.
As mentioned before inquiries stay on your reports for 2 years but only count in your FICO score for 1 year. If you only have 1 or 2 inquiries on your reports, you should be good to go as long as your scores and reports are good.
Remember no one can guarantee what any cc company will do in this current market.
05-07-2009 03:27 PM
05-07-2009 03:38 PM
My last inquiry was June 08, last year.. Should I try the pre-approval or should I wait until a year has gone by? I keep getting mixed answers. Someone said the inquiries fall off and don't matter after 90 days, someone else said they do?? What would you do??
I have one paid collection... What are my chances. All scores around 660-680..
There is really no reason at all not to try the pre-approval on the BofA site. The soft inquiry won't hurt you at all, absolutely no one other than yourself will ever see this soft pull on your credit report.
05-07-2009 08:31 PM - edited 05-07-2009 08:31 PM
05-08-2009 09:19 AM
Ugh. I got this message...
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online preapproved credit card offers at this time. However, you can still take advantage of other Bank of America offers below.
I hope that I didn't get anything too major on my report. IDK what to do now, I want to try for something else today as well. I need another regular credit card just in case down the road... Should I do the 99/500 thing? And go to the bank and talk with someone to help me get that processed or what?
05-08-2009 02:21 PM
Well, I went to the bank and had them do a full credit application... Response was "pending" the lady said that wasn't a bad sign... Cause she can tell when someone has automatically been "denied"...
In 7-10 days if they send something saying I am not approved, then I can go back and she's going to call up for me for the 99/500 card. I guess its worth it, just so I can have two major regular credit cards... I'm not trying for anything else, I don't want to try a second place today and then have it all look negative on me when they do a manual review.. So we'll see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers and hope they approve me. Even if it's just $500-$1000.. It's still a start. So I'll know.. and then try for that 99/500. Cause I know my credit isn't bad to where I wouldn't qualify for that. I'm between 660-680. No lates, maxed out limits now etc... I'm in the good. Only bad thing was a collection for a mesly $150... and I paid that over 6 months ago.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO