03-10-2009 01:30 PM
03-10-2009 03:25 PM
I have Blue with 1000 CL opened in Sept 09...I was denied for CLI at around 60 day mark and want to hit luv button now at 6 month mark...this was my first rebuilding card and I now have a total of 6 new cards since...I know they soft me every month, so they know what is going on...should I risk it? Blue with $4.65 balance (coffee at Starbucks),
03-10-2009 03:36 PM
I'd consider the difference between "want" and "need."
I sure wouldn't do it.
True indeed, but...
Around Thanksgiving I purchased a computer that was on special at Best Buy with my Discover...The computer crashed 1 week after Xmas (was a present for my daughter)..Best Buy wouldn't help me at all and had a unreasonable return policy for the Xmas season...anyhow big dispute ensued btw me, Best Buy, Discover...3 months later Discover sided with merchant and I am now out a working computer and money (Hewlet Packard is in process of trying to fix)...I see that Discover is about to launch it's new protection policy, but I would have never had this issue if I used my Amex, which I didn't because of the low limit...I am about to make another major purchase that I can pay cash for, but want the purchase protection....This is why I "need" CLI
03-10-2009 03:40 PM
03-10-2009 03:45 PM
03-10-2009 04:33 PM
One thing you can do is call and ask and explain exactly what happned when you used discover. They might let this purchase go through.
Other option is put part of the payment on Amex and other part on Discover or some other card. With in 30 days pay off the amount on your Amex Card and then ask BestBuy to charge the second part of the purchase on to amex and give you credit on the second card.
That way you would have all the amount on Amex charged and you would get extended warranty on your purchase. In your case, if you ask CSR they might be able to help you. On the other hand, you could purchase extended warranty from BestBuy and consider that as part of the purchase price. Use your best judgement and decide what is best for you.
Amex CLD / Cancellations does not bother me. All these cards easy come and easy go.
03-11-2009 06:26 AM
I asked for a CLI a month ago for my Blue Cash.
For mer limit was $3200, I asked for an inrecrease to $5k.
No prob (YET!).
I think it also not only depends on you ZIP, also on how much you ask for.
They probably would aim at me if I would have asked for $10k.
Again, there is the difference between need and want.
I got the CLI and booked a trip for $4k 1 hour later, so they might have seen what I needed the CLI for.