Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

Well, I think you may fall in your old habits.....what's wrong with your capital one cards?

Also, you do know shopping at Fingerfut is like shopping at Aaron's or Rent A Center...everything is overpriced...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 11 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Well, I think you may fall in your old habits.....what's wrong with your capital one cards?

Also, you do know shopping at Fingerfut is like shopping at Aaron's or Rent A Center...everything is overpriced...

I'm sure he knows that, sometimes you have to take what your credit profile allows you to get.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This OP declared BK not too long ago based on his other posts in the BK forum.

OP; I advise you to pay cash for Christmas and continue to garden!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 80
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
This OP declared BK not too long ago based on his other posts in the BK forum.

OP; I advise you to pay cash for Christmas and continue to garden!

+1. OP's BK was discharged last month. I'd focus on gardening and in a couple of years with some distance on that BK, I have no doubt OP can get high limits with BK-friendly CCs.

Message 14 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

After reading the auto loan thread from OP if everything he listed in that thread was IIB your better off leaving credit alone, sorry to say. That is a crazy amount of debt!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 80
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah after reading some of your other posts I'm going to say don't app for cards just for christmas shopping. Try layaway at a store or something, it's a much better option than putting it on CCs. 

Message 16 of 80
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

After reading the auto loan thread from OP if everything he listed in that thread was IIB your better off leaving credit alone, sorry to say. That is a crazy amount of debt!

+100000, thats the best advice honestly. you've burnt every major lender out there for crazy amounts of money so they are not going to forget anytime soon. i would def follow a cash only lifestyle for a WHILE.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

@gettnthere wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+100000, thats the best advice honestly. you've burnt every major lender out there for crazy amounts of money so they are not going to forget anytime soon. i would def follow a cash only lifestyle for a WHILE.

Thank you for all your posts i am trying to build my credit and have been leting them and i made a mistake with the date it was 8/2012 BK discharged with about 4 million debt i also had lord and taylor 

Message 18 of 80
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I thought I saw your income was over 400k on a previous post.. How many people are you buying Christmas gifts for that you need more credit after BK last month?

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 19 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

im just trying to rebuild credit for around the holidays and roughly me and my wife last year spent about 50K all gifts for family friends, my children, and employees 

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

I thought I saw your income was over 400k on a previous post.. How many people are you buying Christmas gifts for that you need more credit after BK last month?

Message 20 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.