Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

@nicholasc77 wrote:

i never try to game the system i work for the nys banking i own a check cashing business i know how it works like i said before it was either pay the cards or live on the street and the 2005 bk was all business no personal 

@frugalQ wrote:
OP,

I hope I don't offend, but it seems like you are trying to live the same lifestyle that got you into trouble TWICE.....and that makes absolutely no sense.

It seems as if BK is a means to an end.....finance a extravagant lifestyle that you know you can't afford and use bankruptcy as a means to get out of paying for said lifestyle.

At some point you have to learn to live within your means. If that means driving a Honda instead of a Beamer, then do it. If you have employees, you may come out better having a pot luck luncheon where everyone pull names to exchange gifts. Maybe you need to host a simple family/friend get together instead of giving gifts.

You clearly need to get your priorities in order. Either stop trying to keep up with the Jones or quit gaming the system.

But you claimed you paid most of last years gifts in 2011 with your business credit... old habits die hard. While your first bankruptcy might have been business. I am sure you charged personal as you did last year.

I left a company I worked for in 2010 after I was with them for 7 years.. He would claim he had no money to pay me yet his daughters wedding, dinner every night, personal clothes, mortgage and everything was paid by the business..  You have to keep the two separate for your own sound mind and tax purposes.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 41 of 80
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@nicholasc77 wrote:

this is not a joke this is my life yes i my wife and i spent about 50k on gifts that excluded a car down payment, louis vuttion handbag, rolex , chanel sunglasses 

i have a big family how dare you think my life is a joke

Name dropping certainly will not get you anywhere. A big family does not mean 50000 in gifts. Seriously though, do you not see anything wrong here? If your income was only around 500 thousand, why would you spend more than 10% of it on gifts. That is part of the problem, and doing it again this year would just cause more problems. I really do not see how you can possibly think that it is a good idea to get another card to use to buy gifts.

Message 42 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

I have charged both personal and business credit for the holidays

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@nicholasc77 wrote:

i never try to game the system i work for the nys banking i own a check cashing business i know how it works like i said before it was either pay the cards or live on the street and the 2005 bk was all business no personal 

@frugalQ wrote:
OP,

I hope I don't offend, but it seems like you are trying to live the same lifestyle that got you into trouble TWICE.....and that makes absolutely no sense.

It seems as if BK is a means to an end.....finance a extravagant lifestyle that you know you can't afford and use bankruptcy as a means to get out of paying for said lifestyle.

At some point you have to learn to live within your means. If that means driving a Honda instead of a Beamer, then do it. If you have employees, you may come out better having a pot luck luncheon where everyone pull names to exchange gifts. Maybe you need to host a simple family/friend get together instead of giving gifts.

You clearly need to get your priorities in order. Either stop trying to keep up with the Jones or quit gaming the system.

But you claimed you paid most of last years gifts in 2011 with your business credit... old habits die hard. While your first bankruptcy might have been business. I am sure you charged personal as you did last year.

I left a company I worked for in 2010 after I was with them for 7 years.. He would claim he had no money to pay me yet his daughters wedding, dinner every night, personal clothes, mortgage and everything was paid by the business..  You have to keep the two separate for your own sound mind and tax purposes.

Message 43 of 80
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Ok, you said that you had to choose between house/food or paying debt. You made the right choice.

Now, you are trying to get more debt to by iPads, etc. This is where you make a choice that will NOT put you into a position to have to choose whether or not to feed your family.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 44 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

Well thank you for al l your help and I thought I mad ethe right decision

@frugalQ wrote:
Ok, you said that you had to choose between house/food or paying debt. You made the right choice.

Now, you are trying to get more debt to by iPads, etc. This is where you make a choice that will NOT put you into a position to have to choose whether or not to feed your family.

Message 45 of 80
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@nicholasc77 wrote:

this is not a joke this is my life yes i my wife and i spent about 50k on gifts that excluded a car down payment, louis vuttion handbag, rolex , chanel sunglasses 

Name dropping certainly will not get you anywhere. A big family does not mean 50000 in gifts. Seriously though, do you not see anything wrong here? If your income was only around 500 thousand, why would you spend more than 10% of it on gifts. That is part of the problem, and doing it again this year would just cause more problems. I really do not see how you can possibly think that it is a good idea to get another card to use to buy gifts.

OP, just b/c you have a big family DOES not mean you have to go around buying them Louis vuttion, rolexs and Chanel. that is RIDICULOUS and you need to understand that. it is INSANE to spend 10% of you income on these gifts esp when your knee deep in debt. dropping names like that is NOT gonna get you any kind of respect on these forums. it makes you sound like you DO NOT understand what living within your means actually means. you need a serious scale back. i dont care if you make 100k, 500k or 2million a year, you just filed BK for OVER 4 MILLION DOLLARS! do you not grasp the concept of that? it is very serious, but apparently you are so wrapped up in keeping up with the jones's that you dont care how much debt you incurr. you last concern right now should be obtaining new credit. and until you grasp the the gravity of your decsions, your gonna end up right back where you are now. thats the last thing i have to say about this ridiculous situation that you dont seem to fully grasp the magnitude of.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 46 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

I'amstraying trying to rebuild I understand how big bk is and I had to file or Iwould have lost my hous

@gettnthere wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@nicholasc77 wrote:

OP, just b/c you have a big family DOES not mean you have to go around buying them Louis vuttion, rolexs and Chanel. that is RIDICULOUS and you need to understand that. it is INSANE to spend 10% of you income on these gifts esp when your knee deep in debt. dropping names like that is NOT gonna get you any kind of respect on these forums. it makes you sound like you DO NOT understand what living within your means actually means. you need a serious scale back. i dont care if you make 100k, 500k or 2million a year, you just filed BK for OVER 4 MILLION DOLLARS! do you not grasp the concept of that? it is very serious, but apparently you are so wrapped up in keeping up with the jones's that you dont care how much debt you incurr. you last concern right now should be obtaining new credit. and until you grasp the the gravity of your decsions, your gonna end up right back where you are now. thats the last thing i have to say about this ridiculous situation that you dont seem to fully grasp the magnitude of.

Message 47 of 80
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I'm not trying to offend, I'm really not. I'm just trying to point out that it's this type of thinking that got you into this position 2x before. Hopefully, you will make decisions that will help put you in a stronger financial position long term.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 48 of 80
ah12345
Contributor

Sorry to say but getting into more debt is not your solution to fixing your credit. Times are tough and we just have to live within our means. We all have things we would like to get our kids but you rather have a roof under your head or not have one at all your choice.

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 49 of 80
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@nicholasc77 wrote:

Message 50 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.