@nicholasc77 wrote:

I need a new credit card for christmas shopping 

FICO : 592 

2 Capital One Visa 

Fingerhut 

HSBC ORCHARD

WFNNB victoria secret, annie sez, ann taylor, express 

Whats store or visa card has easy approval other than ge and macys 

Santa says you been naughty...................Here's your First Premier card Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 80
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

You need to save money for Christmas, not get more credit for Christmas.

What are the balances and credit limits on your cards?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 80
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I wouldn't give advice on how to handle finances when we don't know anything about the OP other than a credit score and a list of cards.  We have no idea what happened to put the poster into that situation, so let's refrain from judgment and answer the question that was asked.

I'm thinking the natural first choice would be Walmart.  Also, Kohl's is said to be easy to get.  Maybe Old Navy (but that's GE, as so is Walmart.)  Hmm... J.C.Penney? Jewelry store cards... some of the other department stores like maybe Bloomingdales.  I'm not sure if Target is easy to get or not.  That's all I can think of!

Super Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I wouldn't give advice on how to handle finances when we don't know anything about the OP other than a credit score and a list of cards.  We have no idea what happened to put the poster into that situation, so let's refrain from judgment and answer the question that was asked.

I'm thinking the natural first choice would be Walmart.  Also, Kohl's is said to be easy to get.  Maybe Old Navy (but that's GE, as so is Walmart.)  Hmm... J.C.Penney? Jewelry store cards... some of the other department stores like maybe Bloomingdales.  I'm not sure if Target is easy to get or not.  That's all I can think of!

JCP is also GECRB. 

Target AFAIK is easy to get but does not grow at all, and Kohl's I believe is a cap1 card so it too will probably not grow. 

Message 5 of 80
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

I'd go with Amazon...6 months free financing...by the second statement, tax refunds should have been depositied, and you can pay it off...interest free, and they seem pretty liberal with their starting limits...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 6 of 80
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Amazon is also a GE card, unless you were talking about Chase amazon visa, which I'm not so sure about with that score. 

Message 7 of 80
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

I didn't see where he said GE cards...weren't an option. Why aren't they an option again?

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 8 of 80
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

I didn't see where he said GE cards...weren't an option. Why aren't they an option again?

OP probably burned them in the past. 

Message 9 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

OP probably burned them in the past. 

OP did burn 2 GE cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.