Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
nicholasc77
Valued Member

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

Like I said It was a lease it is only 440 a month and it's safe and affordable

@webhopper wrote:
My kid will be driving a 8 yr old volvo for safety... and our HHI is high. I don't believe in giving a kid a 40k toy.... but that's just me.

Message 71 of 80
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

@nicholasc77 wrote:

That's right I had to file two times ok get this straight i brought her a c class for safe and it's a lease when it's up she is on her own 

@jsucool76 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Quick Question: Not meaning to bash like everyone else...I'll feed the trolls...'

But, you bankruptcy was finalized in July/August, and you already have 8 credit cards with in 30 days...you do realize how inquiries hurt you, and this recent influx of store cards doesn't help...

His Second bankruptcy, don't forget that part 

Not judging or trying to, but I had read the post in the auto credit and now here.....Just totally mind blowing....YOUR DAUGHTER doesn't need a Mercedes.....Safety aide and as mentioned earlier there are safe cars at reasonable prices.....The wife, if she wants that lifestyle, maybe scaling back on other things, and it seems you are caught up with "what the Jone's" will think......

Family it is important, but apparently they haven't been taught the real value of "family" or "love", material things aren't it.  Off my soap box now.  I agree to set yourself a budget for the holidays and use cash.....The whole BK thing has me confused where people walk away from debt, and others struggle to pay off what they owe, and they walk right back into issues.....

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 80
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Oh geez I didn't even catch this being the second bankruptcy. OP should not ever touch a credit card again. This is insane.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 73 of 80
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@nicholasc77 wrote:

Coming from absoluty no money living in the Bronx to havingood successful like does mean a lot to me and having nothing makes me wanting everything I'm sorry 

That's the mentality and the reason people who win the lottery are broke a year later....

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 74 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasc77 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
My kid will be driving a 8 yr old volvo for safety... and our HHI is high. I don't believe in giving a kid a 40k toy.... but that's just me.

Errr not if you're bankrupt.... if you are bankrupt then your view of affordability is skewed in a very basic way which led you to bankruptcy. I think there are some underlying emotional issues here and you may need a professional financial counselor to help you adjust your way of thinking about affordable vs not affordable.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 75 of 80
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@nicholasc77 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

When my son turned 16, he received a bicycle and a good helmet to get to and from work!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 76 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would OP even want to chance getting into that mess again for a THIRD time? Don't worry about "status symbols", which is obviously all you care about. If you can't pay for it with a secured card or cash, you don't need it. Get rid of the Mercedes, get an older used car (just as safe if not safer models out there for about 20-25k CHEAPER). You'll have to give up the shiny hood decal, but come on guy...seriously.

Youve screwed the pooch twice. Grow up and step away from unsecured credit in any way, shape or form.

Message 77 of 80
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Well, as the saying goes:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Good luck, OP

Everyone, have wonderful week!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 78 of 80
ah12345
Contributor

@nicholasc77 wrote:

My credit the first time was not damaged my cards were not touch it waS all business credit

@ah12345 wrote:
wow and he says that with such a pride man you messed up not ones but twice and it seems you havent learn anything from it because you are ready to rack up some more debt. sorry but santa broke this year thats reality for you at the moment. your credit its burned it will take time to heal and your not allowing it.

@nicholasc77 wrote:

That's right I had to file two times ok get this straight i brought her a c class for safe and it's a lease when it's up she is on her own 

Well that shows that you cant manage business nor your personal now. Sorry but you dont need no more credit.

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 79 of 80
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.