Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
nicholasc77
Valued Member

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
I'm guessing you had an ARM.... which reset or required a balloon payment.

I think you are asking a lot of middle income Americans how to get credit for Christmas and unfortunately its not possible due to your bankruptcy. Secured cards and loans will help you rebuild... as well as time.

Best advice is to stop searching for a new card because your credit is very black right now and not in a Alex centurion way.

I agree with posters who have suggested that you switch your spending to cash or secured card only. And there is nothing wrong with scaling back on gift giving for 1 year.

+100000000     You didnt get your debt overnight so you are not gonna get lenders who you have burned 2 times with BK to trust you again overnight. It just doesnt happen.

I know im just trying to build i never meant for my situatuion to get like this but it was either pay your cards or mortgage and food and that why i decided to file bk to get a fresh strat and like i said i would never extend my credit that far ever again it was my wife on the charge cards 

Message 31 of 80
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Just take a deep breath and relax and let time heal these problems, as it always does. You will one day be able. to re-obtain credit again, its just not gonna be as soon as you want. i really do wish the best of luck to you

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 32 of 80
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

This is a joke right? You had a bankrupcty just last month for 4 million dollars and are turning around and going to get into debt for christmas again? 50000 is  alot to spend on gifts. I have a $100 budget for six people every year. Everyone is always happy with their gift, and if they were not, that is just too bad. I do not believe in spending a lof of money just for a gift.

Anyway, if this is not a  joke, I agree with others that you should stick to cash. You really should not be buying gifts at all. The only credit you will be able to get are worthless cards with high fees. You defaulted on all the good ones, and with balances like that they probably will never lend to you again.

Message 33 of 80
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I feel so bad for you. Bankruptcy would be stressful enough and your wanting to put more stress on yourself. I read your other posts about how your wife is all about luxury and I guess your trying to keep up with it. My gosh, if the people in your life are all about high priced items,money and luxury than maybe its time for you to re-evaluate the people in your life. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. That is a lot of debt.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 34 of 80
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

While I am a woman, I am the non-typical who hates shopping; so I can understand if your wife had some charging issues. But being the more responsible of the two in my marriage.. sit down and talk to your wife. let her know the situation every month. If you let her and your children think everything can go back to normal now, you are creating monsters. I have to constantly tell my DH just because its pay day does not mean to blow it. We have bills, taxes and misc stuff to pay off. ... Trust me Cash and secured cards will be your friend.  I can appreciate getting your 16 year old a safe car like a Mercedes but there are safer more economical cars she could have been put into

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 35 of 80
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP,

I hope I don't offend, but it seems like you are trying to live the same lifestyle that got you into trouble TWICE.....and that makes absolutely no sense.

It seems as if BK is a means to an end.....finance a extravagant lifestyle that you know you can't afford and use bankruptcy as a means to get out of paying for said lifestyle.

At some point you have to learn to live within your means. If that means driving a Honda instead of a Beamer, then do it. If you have employees, you may come out better having a pot luck luncheon where everyone pull names to exchange gifts. Maybe you need to host a simple family/friend get together instead of giving gifts.

You clearly need to get your priorities in order. Either stop trying to keep up with the Jones or quit gaming the system.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 36 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

this is not a joke this is my life yes i my wife and i spent about 50k on gifts that excluded a car down payment, louis vuttion handbag, rolex , chanel sunglasses 

i have a big family how dare you think my life is a joke

@navigatethis12 wrote:

This is a joke right? You had a bankrupcty just last month for 4 million dollars and are turning around and going to get into debt for christmas again? 50000 is  alot to spend on gifts. I have a $100 budget for six people every year. Everyone is always happy with their gift, and if they were not, that is just too bad. I do not believe in spending a lof of money just for a gift.

Anyway, if this is not a  joke, I agree with others that you should stick to cash. You really should not be buying gifts at all. The only credit you will be able to get are worthless cards with high fees. You defaulted on all the good ones, and with balances like that they probably will never lend to you again.

Message 37 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

i never try to game the system i work for the nys banking i own a check cashing business i know how it works like i said before it was either pay the cards or live on the street and the 2005 bk was all business no personal 

@frugalQ wrote:
OP,

I hope I don't offend, but it seems like you are trying to live the same lifestyle that got you into trouble TWICE.....and that makes absolutely no sense.

It seems as if BK is a means to an end.....finance a extravagant lifestyle that you know you can't afford and use bankruptcy as a means to get out of paying for said lifestyle.

At some point you have to learn to live within your means. If that means driving a Honda instead of a Beamer, then do it. If you have employees, you may come out better having a pot luck luncheon where everyone pull names to exchange gifts. Maybe you need to host a simple family/friend get together instead of giving gifts.

You clearly need to get your priorities in order. Either stop trying to keep up with the Jones or quit gaming the system.

Message 38 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I feel so bad for you. Bankruptcy would be stressful enough and your wanting to put more stress on yourself. I read your other posts about how your wife is all about luxury and I guess your trying to keep up with it. My gosh, if the people in your life are all about high priced items,money and luxury than maybe its time for you to re-evaluate the people in your life. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. That is a lot of debt.

I agree, i'm not sure the OP has grasped the reality of what that BK and the creditors he burned has actually did to this personal credit for the future.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

now i do understand and i always understand that the same creditor most likely wont grant credit . I had to file i was allmost 300,000 behind on my mortgage and i was to be served and i was trying to up keep with cards but then it got out of hand 

@LS2982 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

I agree, i'm not sure the OP has grasped the reality of what that BK and the creditors he burned has actually did to this personal credit for the future.

Message 40 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.