Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Christmas Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Christmas Credit Card

Nicholas,
You are ABSOLUTELY right. This is a place for building/rebuilding credit which is why you do not need to mention Rolex's, LV's, Benz's (unless we are talking about the MB Credit Card!). If you didn't mix pleasure items with credit in your posts, I think others would be less critical. Having a Rolex's, 2 million dollar house, LV's, iPads, have nothing to do with the rebuilding of your credit. In all honesty, neither does the total of your entire BK. The fact is those that have a small BK often have the same issues as those that have a 4M BK.

It seems you got some pretty decent answers (they may have not been the ones you were looking for) but they were pretty well thought out (using cash, letting the cards you have garden, possibly acquiring a higher limit secured card to finance the purchase and paying it off in full). 

For the time being, it is best to let what cards you have mature, and if you want to buy higher end items just use cash. We had our differences in another post, but I move on. Look at the advice given to you, use some cash this Christmas, and I hope you and your family can move on from your BK. Best of luck!

@nicholasc77 wrote:

Im very upset that I am actually tearing up to think I life is fake or a joke Iassigned on these forums to rebuild my credit not be humiliated 

Message 61 of 80
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Quick Question: Not meaning to bash like everyone else...I'll feed the trolls...'

But, you bankruptcy was finalized in July/August, and you already have 8 credit cards with in 30 days...you do realize how inquiries hurt you, and this recent influx of store cards doesn't help...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 62 of 80
mfoxxx
New Contributor

OP, I will say this, learn from this and move on. Family is more important than things. If nothing else, I'm sure this was a humbling, life changing experience. Sit back hit the reset button and learn from this. In regards to family and gifts, they should love you  in spite of what material items you provided.  The time you spend with people is always more valuable than any material gift you can bestow on a person. The holidays is about family, not the material items you provide, we can't take it with us. 

In the garden, Sep 10, 2015.
Message 63 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ok guys calm down. Wish the OP good luck and move on... I think he understands how cash and cap 1 will be his friends now... If this is real its very sad. If this is not real; shame on everyone for giving this story attention.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 64 of 80
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Quick Question: Not meaning to bash like everyone else...I'll feed the trolls...'

But, you bankruptcy was finalized in July/August, and you already have 8 credit cards with in 30 days...you do realize how inquiries hurt you, and this recent influx of store cards doesn't help...

His Second bankruptcy, don't forget that part 

Message 65 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

That's right I had to file two times ok get this straight i brought her a c class for safe and it's a lease when it's up she is on her own 

@jsucool76 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Message 66 of 80
ah12345
Contributor

no need to get personal now. it has showed you cant manage money and like a previous poster said that is one reason honest people cant get no credit because of the few bad apples out the racking huge amouts of debt and then filing BK to get rid of it. sorry man but you just ganna have to break down and tell your family santa was broke this christmas. sorry you going through all  this but a good advice dont post to much personal information people that rack up huge amounts of debt dont need any more.

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 67 of 80
nicholasc77
Valued Member

Coming from absoluty no money living in the Bronx to havingood successful like does mean a lot to me and having nothing makes me wanting everything I'm sorry 

@nicholasc77 wrote:

That's right I had to file two times ok get this straight i brought her a c class for safe and it's a lease when it's up she is on her own 

@jsucool76 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Message 68 of 80
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My kid will be driving a 8 yr old volvo for safety... and our HHI is high. I don't believe in giving a kid a 40k toy.... but that's just me.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 69 of 80
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ah12345 wrote:

no need to get personal now. it has showed you cant manage money and like a previous poster said that is one reason honest people cant get no credit because of the few bad apples out the racking huge amouts of debt and then filing BK to get rid of it. sorry man but you just ganna have to break down and tell your family santa was broke this christmas. sorry you going through all  this but a good advice dont post to much personal information people that rack up huge amounts of debt dont need any more.

To me its a slap in the face, an insult. I work hard for what I have and to read some of the utterly dumb things this guy has done with money he should be made to pay every cent of it back. I dont care what you have to do, sell everything. Thats whats messed up about this country you can get away with stuff like this and one court case and its all gone. It shouldnt be that easy.

I've always hated BK stories but this one just takes the cake.

Done venting.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.