cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification on Inquiries

Established Contributor

Need Clarification on Inquiries

I have a question about inquiries.  Let's say i have 5 inquiries on TU.  I don't, but lets say i do..........My question is, let's say 4 are over 12 months old, and i can't see them on the report anymore, it only shows me 1 that is earlier than 12 months.  Do potential lenders or cc companies see ALL of them, or do they see only what i see??  A friend of mine asked me this question, and i only told them what i could see.  I have 2, but only one is newer than 12 months old.  I don't see the other.

 

Sorry if this sounds silly.  Curious if lenders have different looks at the report than we do?

 

Thanks, Tom

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
7 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

well yesterday there was a post about Chase and the underwriter mentioned inq that were over 12 months old... so I think they can see 24 which I don't think is fair

Senior Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

if you pull FICO reports, you will only see the inquiries that are currently counting against you.

 

if you get reports from the actual credit bureaus themselves, they will show you whatever number of inquiries you have had in the last 2 years.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

What's a little interesting is that I've had inquiries dropping like flies on my Fico reports after hitting the one year mark but yet all of them appear on my Credit Check Total reports..

Moderator Emerita

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

What's a little interesting is that I've had inquiries dropping like flies on my Fico reports after hitting the one year mark but yet all of them appear on my Credit Check Total reports..


 

That's because the myFICO reports don't display inqs after one year, because they no longer affect your scores.

 

They will remain on your full credit reports for two years, and lenders will be able to see them.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

 


haulingthescoreup wrote:

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

What's a little interesting is that I've had inquiries dropping like flies on my Fico reports after hitting the one year mark but yet all of them appear on my Credit Check Total reports..


 

That's because the myFICO reports don't display inqs after one year, because they no longer affect your scores.

 

They will remain on your full credit reports for two years, and lenders will be able to see them.


 

Guess I'll just have to put the Happy Dance on hold until August 2011, lol.. Smiley Very Happy

Senior Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

 


haulingthescoreup wrote:

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

What's a little interesting is that I've had inquiries dropping like flies on my Fico reports after hitting the one year mark but yet all of them appear on my Credit Check Total reports..


 

That's because the myFICO reports don't display inqs after one year, because they no longer affect your scores.

 

They will remain on your full credit reports for two years, and lenders will be able to see them.


 

Guess I'll just have to put the Happy Dance on hold until August 2011, lol.. Smiley Very Happy


 

Hevans no!  Placing the happy dance on hold?  Bite your tongue myfico child (lol), since the inq that you thought dropped off,

 

were still there but passed the 1 year mark...

 

you can still technically do the happy dance to celebrate them aging beyond 1year and no longer damaging your score Smiley Very Happy

 

IME many lenders also take much less stock in inq more than 1 yr old upon app but this can vary widely and some will probably 'count' them (for purposes of evaluating/decisioning app) for the full two years.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Clarification on Inquiries

 


score_building wrote:

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

 


haulingthescoreup wrote:

 


FicoScore626 wrote:

What's a little interesting is that I've had inquiries dropping like flies on my Fico reports after hitting the one year mark but yet all of them appear on my Credit Check Total reports..


 

That's because the myFICO reports don't display inqs after one year, because they no longer affect your scores.

 

They will remain on your full credit reports for two years, and lenders will be able to see them.


 

Guess I'll just have to put the Happy Dance on hold until August 2011, lol.. Smiley Very Happy


 

Hevans no!  Placing the happy dance on hold?  Bite your tongue myfico child (lol), since the inq that you thought dropped off,

 

were still there but passed the 1 year mark...

 

you can still technically do the happy dance to celebrate them aging beyond 1year and no longer damaging your score Smiley Very Happy

 

IME many lenders also take much less stock in inq more than 1 yr old upon app but this can vary widely and some will probably 'count' them (for purposes of evaluating/decisioning app) for the full two years.


 

Well, instead of doing the happy dance I can just do the Elaine dance instead. Smiley Very Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0

It's a shame, I was planning to go this year without any new inquiries and then apply with the NASA credit union in late December but then First Premier messed me up recently by doing a hard pull before giving me a $100 credit line increase. Smiley Sad

I've made on time payments with them for 1 year and 1 month and they still dinged me on TransUnion.