Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Credit Line Suggestions

tag
Kwao
Established Member

Re: Need Credit Line Suggestions

@nicholasyud wrote:

look...they offer my buddie and he simply call them and said.....look Lowes give me 6000 and give them some reason to give you a high limit........call the CSR or backdoor number list on the font page....i got my bump from 800 to 2000......if the first once deny ask to speak to their manager.........

That brings to mind another question. I see a lot of threads where people are really happy about credit limit increases even though some of them admit that they don't necessarily use the card in question for anything more than just some small purchases in order to get the payments reported on their credit. So are credit limit increases seen as better on your credit reports?

Message 11 of 24
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

of course, i mean you should call them now before the card issue.......i told them i need to get some big TV and sofa at the store and i dont wanna max out the card......ask them for some specific amount you would like.....you can look at my other thread......about Walmart card....

And yes......use your card for something each months for transaction ........i mean nobody going to extend more credit to you if you wont used it ?

is it make sense ? keep reading on this forum im sure you would learn more......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 24
Kwao
Established Member

Ok, thanks Nicolas!

Message 13 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you got Lowes $6k and Walmart Discover for $600, you need to call Walmart Backdoor and ask for manual review of application for the Walmart Discover to be matched with Lowes of $6k.

That's crazy, I got $800 and didn't know think about Manual review CLI but I have just store card, I don't understand there computer system giving out Discover Card on lower limits! ugh

Message 14 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I hate to recommend capital one, but I think their cards under the average credit section would be a place to look for a new card. That is only if you feel you desperately need another card.

Otherwise I would suggest you wait and garden your current cards. That means do not apply for anything new and just tend to what you currently have by paying them in full each month.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 24
Kwao
Established Member

Thanks Creditaddict and Dustink.

Message 16 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Kwao wrote:

What are your plans? Are you seeking more credit, or building what you have?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 24
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

When in doubt, call cap one lol

That's a very impressive start in the credit game. I don't know what to suggest though as you have virtually no aaoa XD but if anything, you must act before the new credit reports.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 18 of 24
Kwao
Established Member

@Dustink wrote:

@Kwao wrote:

What are your plans? Are you seeking more credit, or building what you have?

Well, both really. All I had was just one credit line-my secured credit card that I started in February this year with 500 bucks. I thought it would be good to get a couple more lines of credit started too.

Message 19 of 24
Kwao
Established Member

@CruzImperial wrote:

When in doubt, call cap one lol

That's a very impressive start in the credit game. I don't know what to suggest though as you have virtually no aaoa XD but if anything, you must act before the new credit reports.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.