cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Experienced Advice From All

tag

Need Experienced Advice From All

So I have at present time:
Discover More...3500 balance that's on 0% ending December 2012.
Citi Simplicity...1k balance. Just got card in April and card IS AMAZING! 0% Purchases & BT's all through December of 2013! They don't penalize for being late...but why be late anyway?

My girlfriend just got a preapproved offer from Discover for the More that offers 0% purchases and BT's (from date of 1st transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to account by 12/10/12) for 15 months.
She has stellar credit when I helped her get hers from annualcreditreport.com....hovering around 720-735 for all scores.

Question is, I am confident that I can pay off my 3.5k balance on my Discover More before December...but just curious- does anyone know if I would be able yo transfer my remaining balance from MY discover more to HERS when she applies and gets her limit? Will Discover honor a BT from my Discover More to HER discover More?

Thanks to all who respond!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Experienced Advice From All

Balance transfers aren't allowed from a Discover card to another Discover card, regardless of who's account it is.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 2 of 4
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:
So I have at present time:
Discover More...3500 balance that's on 0% ending December 2012.
Citi Simplicity...1k balance. Just got card in April and card IS AMAZING! 0% Purchases & BT's all through December of 2013! They don't penalize for being late...but why be late anyway?

My girlfriend just got a preapproved offer from Discover for the More that offers 0% purchases and BT's (from date of 1st transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to account by 12/10/12) for 15 months.
She has stellar credit when I helped her get hers from annualcreditreport.com....hovering around 720-735 for all scores.

Question is, I am confident that I can pay off my 3.5k balance on my Discover More before December...but just curious- does anyone know if I would be able yo transfer my remaining balance from MY discover more to HERS when she applies and gets her limit? Will Discover honor a BT from my Discover More to HER discover More?

Thanks to all who respond!

If I remember correctly, most CCCs ban that in the fine print (can't transfer balance from our card to our card, type of thing).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 4

I see. Thank you both. I was searching for my Cardholder Agreement for my card to see if there was anything regarding that but it sounds like a definite NO. Not an issue. She just has her car loan and a dinky Furniture Row card with a limit of 1200 and a 500 balance that's getting paid off here soon.
Her and I are just wanting to find SOME way to consolidate ALL of our cards. She has been contemplating getting a PL thru a CU but doesn't know how to do it on her own. All she really does is work. She's not in to this FICO, credit management stuff like I am.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.