Contributor
heytherehitherehothere

Need Experienced Advice From All

So I have at present time:
Discover More...3500 balance that's on 0% ending December 2012.
Citi Simplicity...1k balance. Just got card in April and card IS AMAZING! 0% Purchases & BT's all through December of 2013! They don't penalize for being late...but why be late anyway?

My girlfriend just got a preapproved offer from Discover for the More that offers 0% purchases and BT's (from date of 1st transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to account by 12/10/12) for 15 months.
She has stellar credit when I helped her get hers from annualcreditreport.com....hovering around 720-735 for all scores.

Question is, I am confident that I can pay off my 3.5k balance on my Discover More before December...but just curious- does anyone know if I would be able yo transfer my remaining balance from MY discover more to HERS when she applies and gets her limit? Will Discover honor a BT from my Discover More to HER discover More?

Thanks to all who respond!
Frequent Contributor
Autumnslight

Re: Need Experienced Advice From All

Balance transfers aren't allowed from a Discover card to another Discover card, regardless of who's account it is.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Valued Contributor
RyVision

heytherehitherehothere wrote:
So I have at present time:
Discover More...3500 balance that's on 0% ending December 2012.
Citi Simplicity...1k balance. Just got card in April and card IS AMAZING! 0% Purchases & BT's all through December of 2013! They don't penalize for being late...but why be late anyway?

My girlfriend just got a preapproved offer from Discover for the More that offers 0% purchases and BT's (from date of 1st transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to account by 12/10/12) for 15 months.
She has stellar credit when I helped her get hers from annualcreditreport.com....hovering around 720-735 for all scores.

Question is, I am confident that I can pay off my 3.5k balance on my Discover More before December...but just curious- does anyone know if I would be able yo transfer my remaining balance from MY discover more to HERS when she applies and gets her limit? Will Discover honor a BT from my Discover More to HER discover More?

Thanks to all who respond!

If I remember correctly, most CCCs ban that in the fine print (can't transfer balance from our card to our card, type of thing).

Contributor
heytherehitherehothere

I see. Thank you both. I was searching for my Cardholder Agreement for my card to see if there was anything regarding that but it sounds like a definite NO. Not an issue. She just has her car loan and a dinky Furniture Row card with a limit of 1200 and a 500 balance that's getting paid off here soon.
Her and I are just wanting to find SOME way to consolidate ALL of our cards. She has been contemplating getting a PL thru a CU but doesn't know how to do it on her own. All she really does is work. She's not in to this FICO, credit management stuff like I am.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+