Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Freedom CLI

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Need Freedom CLI

@codesingh wrote:

To clarify: I haven't Shock DrawerED it yet. But the fact that it is at 1k may draw a shocking attentions from other lenders...sorry I think I made you all misinterpret with SD.

I've been using the freedom regularly, a whole lot actually for the 5% off on gas.

Give them until just over the 6 months and see if they auto CLI youSmiley Wink IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

To clarify: I haven't Shock DrawerED it yet. But the fact that it is at 1k may draw a shocking attentions from other lenders...sorry I think I made you all misinterpret with SD.

I've been using the freedom regularly, a whole lot actually for the 5% off on gas.

Give them until just over the 6 months and see if they auto CLI youSmiley Wink IMHO

Waiting sounds like a hard thing to do but that's the right thing to do also! I'll wait. At least today and hopefully forget during the weekend. So by next week I'll be more stable and will think logically and continue waiting. Hopefully. :-)

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 12 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

Waiting sounds like a hard thing to do but that's the right thing to do also! I'll wait. At least today and hopefully forget during the weekend. So by next week I'll be more stable and will think logically and continue waiting. Hopefully. :-)

I think you're making a good decision BRAVO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

+1
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 14 of 16
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hey All,

I have chase freedom which has a low line of credit at $1000. 

I have Chase United Explorer card with a line of credit at $5000

I have Chase Auto Loan with good standing, $10k to pay within next 3 years.

I would really love a CLI on my freedom card. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

-code

Is the United Explorer a Signature card? If not*, just shuffle over part of the credit line to the Freedom.

My freedom was stuck at 2k, and I needed a bit more space on the Slate I just recently got. So, I moved 1500 from Freedom (it was in the SD anyway) over to the Slate. Just called up the rep, explained what I wanted to do, and why. Maybe 30 seconds later, it was done.

*Note: If it is a Signature, you may possibly lose the Signature benefits. If those matter to you, you may not want to shuffle over the limit.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 15 of 16
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Chase does emphasize quite a bit on usage, so if you haven't been using the card, the chances of you getting a significant, or any CLI at all, is going to be slimmer.

Is there a reason why you are not using the cards? Since you have the card for only 3 months and have been barely using it, I wouldn't recommend you waste the inquiry for now.

My DH's experience has been the exact opposite.  He was approved for his Freedom in January with a CL of $4000.  He made just one single $700 purchase on this card in February.  It is still in the 0% APR period, so we have just been paying $100 per month towards the balance.  After 5 months, he received an auto-CLI of $2300 to a new limit of $6300.

Meanwhile, I opened my Freedom last November.  My DH and son are AUs on the card and we run about $2,000 per month through this card and PIF before statement cuts.  No auto-LUV from Chase for my Freedom.  *sniff, sniff*

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.