Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! BOA

tag
Tg123
Regular Contributor

Need Help! BOA

I am attempting to help my mother with her cc. She only has one with BOA, a platinum plus visa worldpoints. They slapped a 59 Annual fee on it last year and I got them to credit it back. They won't budge this year and she went into the bank and the woman who helped her applied for another card that they offered which is 14% APR. She currently has 9.9% APR. I need advice on how to handle this. She was approved for the 14% card, but they couldn't tell us which card it was since we went to the branch manager after that. I really respect the advice given on the forum and would truly appreciate some guidance here. If you need clarification please let me know. I am leaving on Monday and would like to have a plan together before if possible. 

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Need Help! BOA

It's not unheard of for people to get a product change to a non-AF card with BOA.  But that of course is a YMMV thing.  But I would suggest calling one of the backdoor numbers in the sticky thread.  The front line CSRs are not who you want to talk to.  The backdoor numbers will get you in touch with someone a little farther up the ladder.  Don't know if this helps, but all I can think of to do.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 5
Tg123
Regular Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

It's not unheard of for people to get a product change to a non-AF card with BOA.  But that of course is a YMMV thing.  But I would suggest calling one of the backdoor numbers in the sticky thread.  The front line CSRs are not who you want to talk to.  The backdoor numbers will get you in touch with someone a little farther up the ladder.  Don't know if this helps, but all I can think of to do.

I just want to make sure that she will be able to keep the history of her account since it is the only one. A product change will accomplish this correct? 

Forward, Zync, Freedom, BofA Cash Rewards

Current Score: 738 BOA Experian (5/29/2012)

GOAL: 800s
Message 3 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Actually in most cases, if you product change, I believe you will receive a new card and card number, but you should retain the original open date and history.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's my understanding of it.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrokaToe wrote:

Actually in most cases, if you product change, I believe you will receive a new card and card number, but you should retain the original open date and history.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's my understanding of it.

You are correct sir. I just recently PC'd 2 of my BOA cards from Worldpoints to Cash Rewards 123. Still have the original open date. Just wish BOA would auto increase my limits one day.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.