Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Maximizing Southwest Cards for Companion Pass

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help Maximizing Southwest Cards for Companion Pass

Hi there! I need help maximizing the Southwest cards to earn the Companion Pass. I've been gardening to get to this point. I really want the Companion Pass.

So far, I'm following what other bloggers have suggested - apply for the card mid-December 2016, accrue the 50,000 points with a $2k spend in January, and then spend enough in 2017 to get to 110,000 points to earn the Companion Pass for the remainder of 2017 and all of 2018.

My questions are:

I got approved for the Premier Card. If I apply for the Business Card, will I still be eligible for those bonus points as well?

My boyfriend and I also work together. Is it too late to add him as an authorized user on the Premier Card, or should I apply for the business card and add him as an authorized user on the business card so that we can earn bonus points on both? I will be able to reach the $2k spend on the Premier on my own. He would be able to reach the $2k spend on his own as well, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to maximize.

Any insight would be AWESOME. Thank you! You guys are always so helpful.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Help Maximizing Southwest Cards for Companion Pass

bump
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.